• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

George Zimmerman

oh fuck, it is for a 7 yr old. ph, don't fall into the rj trap of throwing continuous horseshit out there.

or do, whatever floats your boat

No it's not, but I'm not sure how it relates to this case.

It doesn't. It relates to George Zimmerman, the subject of this thread.

Milhouse, making an ass out of u and me as usual.

It is about as pertinent to the case as all the shit I did when I was aged 7-12 would be if I killed somebody today. Even when serial killers are beheading animals and shit as children, I don't believe that stuff is admissible in their trial for killing hookers.

If the prosecution's strategy is character assassination based on this gal's accusations, then I really have to wonder what kind of actual case they have.

It's not about that. It's about his prejudice towards blacks that it's relevant.

Right. So this person, who apparently harbors a serious grudge against him, makes an accusation about his entire family being racist, which we know to be a logical accusation since his grandmother was black.

If this is the prosecution's smoking gun-- some chick who apparently hasn't had contact with him since he was aged 12-- then it's gonna be a long, hard slog.

What does Zimmerman's actions as a child have anything to do w/ the price of tea in China?

I have to agree with ELC, I just don't see how this is relevant. I want to see Zimmerman get prosecuted for murder2 because I believe he initiated the confrontation and aggravated the situation, and in turn caused the shooting. I am basing that on my interpretation of the Stand Your Ground law as I read it, and what I believe is the spirit of that law.

Whether he fingered his cousin under the blanket at the family cookout is irrelevant. He was a minor then anyway. ELC is right.

I don't think anybody is saying it is relevant. No more or less relevant than other stuff in his biography. It certainly isn't evidence. But that's not what this thread is about. It's about the man not the case or the incident.

Well the judge chose to release it, and in the story you linked it appears as if the prosecution is prepared to use it in the Martin case, so someone thinks its relevant.

I don't think it's relevant. Nobody else on this thread does either.

I'm betting the prosecution only released this in an attempt to poison the jury pool. I doubt they have any intentions on using it.

I don't really see how they could use this information against Zimmerman in court in Florida.

I'm betting the prosecution only released this in an attempt to poison the jury pool. I doubt they have any intentions on using it.

How so?

Would this be in response to Zimmerman trying to get a new judge last week?

How so?

Would this be in response to Zimmerman trying to get a new judge last week?

This is all just me speculating. There may have been no ulterior motives.

But, clearly, whenever they go to try this thing most of the jurors will have already heard something about this case. Doesnt mean they're necessarily off the jury just because they "heard" something. Doesnt exactly hurt the prosecution if a few jurors get selected and they may have heard something about zimmerman and molestation. I'm sure the prosecutors are well aware that there's virtually no chance any of that stuff comes into evidence.

As far as the judge recusal, there certainly appears to be a lot of gamesmanship going on between the two sides. Even the prosecution moving to revoke the bond and arresting the wife (albeit justified), both sides seem to be very aggressive in their handling of this case. They know the spotlight is on them and they need to play their hand inside and outside the courtroom.

ETA: Why the hell are you up at 3:30? British Open coverage doesnt start till tomorrow.

I have my reasons but I'm usually up that time anyway.

Back