• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

George Zimmerman

I think he gets off.

However if the prosecution was at all competent, they would focus like a laser on Zimmerman lying to Hannity saying he had never heard of "stand your ground" and "knew nothing about self-defense laws".

This shows he knows enough to create the lie and that's hew's willing to lie.

Add that to his refusal to obey the rules about carrying a gun; saying he didn't know what street he was on; getting out of the car against the demand of the 911 operator and there could be a decent case.

These guys are failing almost as badly as Marcia, Marcia, Marcia did with OJ.

So lying = murder?

Did Zimmerman call 911 again to report a shooting victim after he defended himself? Did he attempt at all to stop the bleeding or do anything to try to save his life? Did he believe Martin was still a threat as he was bleeding out?

I believe either he did call 911 after or told someone who came out to call 911. I forget the testimony.

One of the big facts in the defense's favor is that GZ stayed on scene and only shot Martin once. Those actions are generally more consistent with self-defense than murder when there's a shooting.

That is why this case sucks so bad. I honestly believe with all my heart if Zimmerman does not shoot Martin no one dies that night. The altercation could have been prevented if Zimmerman had just taken a few logical steps or followed the advice of the non-emergency operator. That being said, under the laws of self-defense I don't see how Zimmerman can be convicted. This case really sucks and I just can't imagine the pain that Trayvon's parents are going through. Nothing could be worse than losing a son especially in a senseless act.

This.

I'm not sure how much they are holding back for closing argument, but the State has a big problem with proving "ill will" as an element of Murder 2.

I'm not sure how much they are holding back for closing argument, but the State has a big problem with proving "ill will" as an element of Murder 2.

The prosecutor argued that just by pointing a loaded gun and pulling the trigger was evidence of ill will.

No way that is going to fly.

So will the defense rest? I would think they have a few witnesses they'd want to call. Get George's dad up on the stand to testify that the screams are from George, or something of that nature. It offsets TM's family's testimony.

The prosecutor argued that just by pointing a loaded gun and pulling the trigger was evidence of ill will.

No way that is going to fly.

Does the puns comment combined with him leaving his vehicle to follow someone (which he lied about) not constitute I'll will?

So will the defense rest? I would think they have a few witnesses they'd want to call. Get George's dad up on the stand to testify that the screams are from George, or something of that nature. It offsets TM's family's testimony.

nvm...I didn't realize that GZ's mother and uncle had already testified that it was his voice.

So far, witnesses and their claim of who is yelling for help on the tape:

TM
Sybrina Fulton (TM's mother)
Jahvaris Fulton (TM's brother)

GZ
Gladys Zimmerman (GZ's mother)
Jorge Meza (GZ's uncle)
Sandra Osterman (GZ's friend)
Marc Osterman (GZ's friend)

No Opinion
Hirotaka Nakasone (FBI Voice Analysis Lab)

Defense expected to call a number of family members. Presumably they will all say the voice is GZ's.

Last edited:
So far, witnesses and their claim of who is yelling for help on the tape:

TM
Sybrina Fulton (TM's mother)
Jahvaris Fulton (TM's brother)

GZ
Gladys Zimmerman (GZ's mother)
Jorge Meza (GZ's uncle)
Sandra Osterman (GZ's friend)
Marc Osterman (GZ's friend)

No Opinion
Hirotaka Nakasone (FBI Voice Analysis Lab)

Defense expected to call a number of family members. Presumably they will all say the voice is GZ's.

I'd be surprised if it were not GZ's.

Defense has called three prosecution witnesses so far: Marc Osterman (best friend who wrote a book) and Chris Serino (lead investigator) and Doris Singleton (Serino's partner).

Osterman testified that it was GZ's voice on the 911 call.

Serino testified that he spoke to TM's dad and TM's dad indicated that was not TM's voice on the 911 call.

Singleton backed up Serino's story. TM's dad indicated that it was not TM on the recording asking for help.

The State is in danger of being seen as playing 'hide the ball' with the jury. They called these witnesses first and didn't ask these questions.

Judge ruled that defense can introduce evidence that Martin had THC in his system at the time of his death.

Not that it will matter much, since this thing is a slam dunk for the defense at this point.

what does THC have to do with anything just wondering?

what does THC have to do with anything just wondering?

There are studies that link marijuana usage to aggressive, violent behavior. It's one more piece in the reasonable doubt puzzle.

Back