• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Girlfriend's Birthday

truth

i'd Posrep you but i already negged you today for liking cheerwine and giving me negrep like a million years ago

We only go to Midtown for pancakes. When I'm at 5 points for dinner I go to Nawab Indian Cuisine. That's actually where she took me for my birthday.

i would like to point out that last week, the men of the quad were complaining about how much it costs to take out their girlfriends/wives. and now the men of the quad are giving one of their own crap for having a girlfriend with lower dining standards. does this seem backward? the guy's girlfriend doesn't require much, and now you think less of her because of it!?

InTheKnow - I've also eaten at that place in Phoenix. I found it subpar at best and spent most of the night with a stomachache... You should try out the pizza at LGO if you haven't. It's one of my favorites.

i would like to point out that last week, the men of the quad were complaining about how much it costs to take out their girlfriends/wives. and now the men of the quad are giving one of their own crap for having a girlfriend with lower dining standards. does this seem backward? the guy's girlfriend doesn't require much, and now you think less of her because of it!?

truth. to an extent. but most women would say a crappy dining place is poor treatment

Last edited:

no, because we know that taking girls to freaking macaroni grille is lame and (most) adult women will think that's crappy treatment, so we're compelled to spend said money.

no, because we know that taking girls to freaking macaroni grille is lame and (most) adult women will think that's crappy treatment, so we're compelled to spend said money.

his girlfriend clearly doesn't think it's crappy treatment if it's her favorite restaurant. so why are people criticizing him/her?

Love the pizza at LGO. I like Pizzeria Bianco but it surely is not worth all the hype. I ate at Pizzeria Mozza in LA and it was better and had desserts and took reservations. That's a total win in my book.

Mozza rocks

Really? I thought it was banks creating derivatives with subprime mortgages that they robo signed and the low standards they used to approve people for homes they couldn't afford. Glad to learn it was eating at restaurants better than Macaroni Grille.

It's this attitude that got America into the financial crisis. Dinners out don't show someone how much you love them. Spending money just to think you need to live up to some standard is a bad idea.

wow, what a sage comment :rolleyes

just answering the question, generally speaking

Yeah seriously! So men take their ladies to nice restaurants and spend $500 (even if - gasp! - she only thought it came to $250) for bragging rights to other guys.

(Just like ladies dress up to impress other girls.)

I know not all men are like that, but that's how it's coming across in this thread. Yes, of course you want to impress the ladies and everything, but this poster specifically said it's his girl's favorite place.

Really? I thought it was banks creating derivatives with subprime mortgages that they robo signed and the low standards they used to approve people for homes they couldn't afford. Glad to learn it was eating at restaurants better than Macaroni Grille.

I think it all ties into America's use and abuse of credit to live above one's means...

We didn't go there because it's the best restaurant ever, it just happens to be her favorite. There is no rule that a persons favorite restaurant has to be a Michelin 5 Star, but I don't consider a restaurant with crayons and paper table cloths "fine dining" either.

The more important lesson her is how big of a coward FTDC was once he got negative reputation and was such a pussy about it, he changed names.

Hey, i defended you earlier. To each his/her own.

re: DeacHoops' comment.

The complaint isn't that we spend the money, just that chicks underestimate how much we spend. So if you lady likes Olive Garden, great, we still shell out 80% of the time.

myDeaconmyhand said:
We didn't go there because it's the best restaurant ever, it just happens to be her favorite. There is no rule that a persons favorite restaurant has to be a Michelin 5 Star, but I don't consider a restaurant with crayons and paper table cloths "fine dining" either.

Seriously. Give the guy a break.

Hey, i defended you earlier. To each his/her own.

re: DeacHoops' comment.

The complaint isn't that we spend the money, just that chicks underestimate how much we spend. So if you lady likes Olive Garden, great, we still shell out 80% of the time.

that was how the thread started out (and honestly, it's probably a fair assessment). but the point is that that's not how it ended up. there were a lot of guys complaining that it costs $100 to take their girl out.

Back