• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Hit up that Highway 55, really good burgers there!

I've seen those around but have never been to one. When I'm at Wrightsville I always go to PT Burgers (actually called PT's Olde Fashioned Grille)...they have some good ones as well. Ate lunch there yesterday before heading back to Atlanta.

They used to be called Andy's. They were big down east around the Greenville area. They started expanding and changed names to 55 Burgers Shakes and Fries. They opened one in Winston several months ago over off Hanes Mill Rd. I've not been there yet but been to several down east and last time hit the one up in Wilmington back in September. Have never been disappointed.

They used to be called Andy's. They were big down east around the Greenville area. They started expanding and changed names to 55 Burgers Shakes and Fries. They opened one in Winston several months ago over off Hanes Mill Rd. I've not been there yet but been to several down east and last time hit the one up in Wilmington back in September. Have never been disappointed.

the people who own Andy's/Hwy 55 are good folks-- their family's beach place is just down the street from ours, and my sister is good friends with Mr. Andy's daughter. Story behind the name change: they won a competition to expand the chain internationally, and needed to change the name for legal purposes. Exactly the same otherwise.

Wish they had looked at Clemmons to add a location. Dari-O is good, but a Hwy 55 would have been awesome!

I've had it before and I liked it. Its no OWA, but with you guys saying the 12 year might go away...it never hurts to have a bottle on hand.

Getting this thread back on track. I finished up my bottle of EC12 last month. Feel the same way you do. Picked up two yesterday, planning on getting 2 or 3 more to have on hand. I picked up some leathery flavors towards the end of the bottle that I didn't notice at first.

I think I need help...I just bunkered a Fighting Cock 6 Year...get em while you can, the NAS bottles are popping up

I think I need help...I just bunkered a Fighting Cock 6 Year...get em while you can, the NAS bottles are popping up

They are definitely heading in the wrong direction. I only have one or two of the FC 8 years left. Will probably pick up a couple 6 yr just to have for the future.

656bb23709e0d736ddebb7a189af8f31.jpg

Just bought Four Roses small batch. Good buy? I have no idea what I'm looking for at ABC.

If you end up enjoying the FR Small Batch, consider getting in on the barrel purchase of Four Roses Barrel Strength. Looks like we will still have few bottles that need a good home! PM tsy to gain access to the super secret bourbon barrel paradise!

Back