• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Just tried a bit, really good stuff. PMed for access to the super secret barrel club.

We have met our numbers, but if you still want a bottle, let me know and I will give up one of mine and add you to the list.

Poured some PVW 20 the other day while watching the Mind of Chef episode where Chang and Brock get hammered with Julian Van Winkle.

Knob Creek Distillery, for example, is owned by Jim Beam and made at the same plant as the mass-produced Beam. But you'd never know, since they're packaged to appear different, smaller and therefore more rare. What's inside some artisanal-looking bottles may be startlingly close — and in cases exactly the same — as the mass-produced stuff.

This is not a very good example. No disrespect to Jim Beam but Knob Creek is a superior product and doesn't taste anything like Beam.

This is not a very good example. No disrespect to Jim Beam but Knob Creek is a superior product and doesn't taste anything like Beam.

Lots of people in the comments section blasted the writer. That would be like saying Ancient Age is the same as Eagle Rare. Both are the same mash bill (so I was told on my tour) and distilled by Buffalo Trace. They taste nothing alike!

Hitting a few bottles tonight. Started with EC12, which just wasn't hitting me right, so I moved on to the barrel proofers. A private pick of Smooth Ambler was first and that was much better, and then several pours of a Willett we picked a couple of years ago. Absolutely delicious. Wheater, 9 years, 129.4 proof...hitting all the right notes tonight.

Hitting a few bottles tonight. Started with EC12, which just wasn't hitting me right, so I moved on to the barrel proofers. A private pick of Smooth Ambler was first and that was much better, and then several pours of a Willett we picked a couple of years ago. Absolutely delicious. Wheater, 9 years, 129.4 proof...hitting all the right notes tonight.

Music to my ears!

Made up a nice Manhattan in honor of the last episode of Mad Men.

I have not seen two minutes of Mad Men. Is it on Netflix or Amazon? I usually end up binge watching a series after it's finally over.

Last edited:
Back