• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Had a BiB bourbon night at a friends house last month. Lineup was:

Evan Williams
Jack
Mckenna 10 yr
Heaven Hill 7 yr
Early Times

Did 1/2oz pours of each. General consensus was the $60 Mckenna isn't worth it when comparing to the $20 Evan Williams.

That’s because pre-crazy, McK went for like $25-30 and was a real value there.

Also it’s a single barrel BIB…ya think heaven hill sent a shitty barrel in for judging? Hell no. They sent in a honey barrel in that age range, win award, double retail price = extra $ while changing nothing. Lame.

Yeah it's messed up the price gouging going on.

Buffalo Trace Distillery is one of the few that hasn't played a part in the price gouging. MSRP for BT is $30, Eagle $40, Blanton's $60. EH Taylor small batch - $50. Etc.

Yeah it's messed up the price gouging going on.

Buffalo Trace Distillery is one of the few that hasn't played a part in the price gouging. MSRP for BT is $30, Eagle $40, Blanton's $60. EH Taylor small batch - $50. Etc.
Yeah just the matter of actually finding those. In Massachusetts, retailers are buying BT & Eagle for $27 from the distributor and Blantons came in this year at $99 from the retailer. Definitely frustrating situation overall especially in the world where you can see what other states are actually shelving these for plus what the MSRP is.

Obviously a shop can't sell BT for $30 if they're buying it for $27. Same with Blanton's at $60 when buying at $99.

Yeah just the matter of actually finding those. In Massachusetts, retailers are buying BT & Eagle for $27 from the distributor and Blantons came in this year at $99 from the retailer. Definitely frustrating situation overall especially in the world where you can see what other states are actually shelving these for plus what the MSRP is.

Obviously a shop can't sell BT for $30 if they're buying it for $27. Same with Blanton's at $60 when buying at $99.

That is absolutely ridiculous. All the sudden I feel lucky to be in NC. I got a call from a liquor store in Fort Mill a few minutes ago that my name was pulled in a weekly lottery so I could choose between a Blanton's and a Russel's Rye. I chose the Blanton's for $65. Will probably sell it or give it away as a Christmas gift because no one needs more than 3 bottles of unopened Blanton's in their cabinet.

That is absolutely ridiculous. All the sudden I feel lucky to be in NC. I got a call from a liquor store in Fort Mill a few minutes ago that my name was pulled in a weekly lottery so I could choose between a Blanton's and a Russel's Rye. I chose the Blanton's for $65. Will probably sell it or give it away as a Christmas gift because no one needs more than 3 bottles of unopened Blanton's in their cabinet.
your friend out on the west coast could use one tbf

Yeah I don't know if it's a case of the three-tiered distribution system, that NC (I believe still?) has government run liquor stores, a combination, or just the local market. Buffalo Trace recently went up $2, but for the last 4 years at least it's been around $25 from the distributor.

Like I said earlier, I've seen a wide price range on BT and Eagle out on shelves but haven't seen one lower than $49 for BT. Saw $40 for Eagle (although it's mostly $50-75). BT is just all over the place...seen it up to $90-100 from $49. I'm sure if you wandered into the right random corner store you could find it for like $45 or so, but I'd doubt it's anywhere for less than that in the state.

Yeah I've seen it pop up at Total Wine for $25, but the only state that has it at that rate is California. Total Wine up here hasn't even had it for the last six months as far as I can tell - I only see it at corner stores and boutique shops.

Yeah I've seen it pop up at Total Wine for $25, but the only state that has it at that rate is California. Total Wine up here hasn't even had it for the last six months as far as I can tell - I only see it at corner stores and boutique shops.
whatever happened to rock hill farms? that used to be one of my favs but it's disappeared

Found a bottle of it in Kingsport for $24.99.

B&B Package store is overwhelming, and looks to be owned by some hoarders, but there are hundreds of bottles of bourbon. Anyone near Kingsport, TN needs to that place up.

Something I've never had is Very Old Barton. I see it everywhere in TN for $16 a handle. Is it any good at all?

Back