• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GOP Congressman Mo Brooks -War on Whites

He is fundamentally opposed to taxes for things other than blowing up brown people.

He would never advocate blowing up brown people or even old white impotent males who derive sexual satisfaction by imputing racism to people who are not racists. The only people who should experience government violence are those who initiate violence against others.

Yes, 22890 misses the point. I am not opposed to taxes. I am opposed to using government (force) for non-constitutional purposes. Government should be limited but there does have to be some method of financing legitimate government functions.

What are the non-constitutional purposes you're opposing? I can't believe I'm engaging a troll but I do it frequently with JHMD so let's dance.

What are the non-constitutional purposes you're opposing? I can't believe I'm engaging a troll but I do it frequently with JHMD so let's dance.

The real question is not the specifics but whether there is any limit to government at all. I think the Constitution limits the federal government to a few specific functions. You probably think the Constitution gives the people a few "rights" and everything else is available for government to mess with. I just try to show on here from time to time the kinds of problems this later attitude causes.

The real question is not the specifics but whether there is any limit to government at all. I think the Constitution limits the federal government to a few specific functions. You probably think the Constitution gives the people a few "rights" and everything else is available for government to mess with. I just try to show on here from time to time the kinds of problems this later attitude causes.

You can only do that by glossing over the general welfare clause. And its a good thing because the kind of government you want would still have us back in the stone ages.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence[SUP][note 1][/SUP] and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

^I sure do gloss over that. Otherwise there would be no reason to have any other words in the Constitution.

Yes, general welfare is very broad and gives the government the authority to tax for a multitude of reasons and remain constitutional.

Of course, taxation doesn't have much to do with many of the other aspects of the constitution or the bill of rights.

You can only do that by glossing over the general welfare clause. And its a good thing because the kind of government you want would still have us back in the stone ages.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence[SUP][note 1][/SUP] and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

:bowrofl:

"See! See! See! It even says welfare! That means on demand Marxist redistribution of wealth in amounts, intervals and times of my choosing!"

"See! See! See! It even says welfare! That means on demand Marxist redistribution of wealth in amounts, intervals and times of my choosing!"

tumblr_mrfhlqvtFH1sezoa7o1_400.gif

I welcome you to find another country with the infrastructure, protection, and personal freedoms of the United States that "redistributes wealth" at a lower rate. Please move to that country.

^I sure do gloss over that. Otherwise there would be no reason to have any other words in the Constitution.

Great. Well the Supreme Court disagrees with you. So pat yourself on the back for being awesome.

You don't have to like it, but your insistence in calling tax revenues being used for "unconstitutional" purposes, when the clear language of the taxation clause provides wide latitude on taxation authority, is bizarre.

The only reason it is bizarre to you is because of the bizarre way in which government regimes have misconstrued the clause about taxing for "the general welfare" into an excuse for taking whatever they want from citizens they want to punish for whatever greedy reasons they themselves can dream up.

The only reason it is bizarre to you is because of the bizarre way in which government regimes have misconstrued the clause about taxing for "the general welfare" into an excuse for taking whatever they want from citizens they want to punish for whatever greedy reasons they themselves can dream up.

How is it greedy? Many of these taxes go to welfare programs.

Back