• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Greensboro Coliseum Protest Saturday 12/22

I'm not against signage, but I think the best way to get this message to the powers that be is not have signs, just don't show up. If fewer and fewer folks show up, it affects the bottom line. Extremely bad crowds were a factor at Georgia Tech getting Hewitt out.

I'm not against signage, but I think the best way to get this message to the powers that be is not have signs, just don't show up. If fewer and fewer folks show up, it affects the bottom line. Extremely bad crowds were a factor at Georgia Tech getting Hewitt out.

That's already been happening the last few years. The goal now is to get media attention on the situation. You do that by showing up with signage.

i am all for bzzout but i can't help but the real problem is still wellman. said it before and i'll say it again. all grenades need to be lobbed squarely at wellman. #wellmanOUT bzz will take plenty of shrapnel but i do not trust wellman to make another hire. he also deserves anything he gets for behavior since 2010. in fact i would leave bzz alone and target all efforts on wellman. not that bzz does not deserve any heat he gets just seems the shortest route back to long term success for wake athletics is WellmanOut

[Redacted] Derangement Syndrome is a hell of a drug. If we hired a new AD, he'd shitcan everybody but the soccer coaches.

That's already been happening the last few years. The goal now is to get media attention on the situation. You do that by showing up with signage.

Ok, I can see the media angle, didn't really think about that. A few seconds on ESPN would certainly get the message out.

i am all for bzzout but i can't help but the real problem is still wellman. said it before and i'll say it again. all grenades need to be lobbed squarely at wellman. #wellmanOUT bzz will take plenty of shrapnel but i do not trust wellman to make another hire. he also deserves anything he gets for behavior since 2010. in fact i would leave bzz alone and target all efforts on wellman. not that bzz does not deserve any heat he gets just seems the shortest route back to long term success for wake athletics is WellmanOut

BuzzOUT is relatively low-hanging fruit. Heck, there's even a chance he's fired without the demonstrations of the fanbase. As deaconson notes, WellmanOUT is the key. If Wellman remains intact, then firing Buzz will merely result in the hiring of BuzzTemplate II. Wellman will never hire a Prosser type of character again, or someone who's dynamic and flashy in his eyes. He wants Jeff [Redacted]: the total Wake Forest man. (Forget about the implicit insult; that's what Wellman believes.) Wellman might believe Buzz has failed, but he won't believe his vision has failed. The vision is the poison we have to be concerned with.

Last edited:
Not arguing whether or not Wellman should be fired, a campaign of #WellmanOut would be seen as the lunatic fringe. 99% of people on the national scene do not know all the specifics as well as we do of Wellman and what's been going on off the court the last three years. Other than this recent article, Wellman has little to no negative press nationally. If people google him, they will see his impressive resume and think Wake fans are just overreacting because they don't like their coach.

#BuzzOut can gain a great deal of legitimacy because as Collins stated, there is no other side to the [Redacted] debate. Nobody can come up with legitimate counterpoints to his firing. While I am #WellmanOut myself, I do not think that is the way this 'campaign' should go.

Or at least not now.

Will be there with my #BuzzOut shirt on

Been lurking for years. My brother and I are doing paper bags over the head along with signs! Maybe we can get some media publicity out of it. Hope others show up and support this. #buzzout #wellmanthefuckout

Been lurking for years. My brother and I are doing paper bags over the head along with signs! Maybe we can get some media publicity out of it. Hope others show up and support this. #buzzout #wellmanthefuckout

Got two #BuzzOut shirts u guys can buy. Would look great with the bags ;

Not arguing whether or not Wellman should be fired, a campaign of #WellmanOut would be seen as the lunatic fringe. 99% of people on the national scene do not know all the specifics as well as we do of Wellman and what's been going on off the court the last three years. Other than this recent article, Wellman has little to no negative press nationally. If people google him, they will see his impressive resume and think Wake fans are just overreacting because they don't like their coach.

#BuzzOut can gain a great deal of legitimacy because as Collins stated, there is no other side to the [Redacted] debate. Nobody can come up with legitimate counterpoints to his firing. While I am #WellmanOut myself, I do not think that is the way this 'campaign' should go.

Or at least not now.

That's true enough. For a public campaign, BuzzOUT is the only thing that makes sense. It's just hard for me to view Buzz in a vacuum.

It's great that we have a Greensboro game to do all of the protests that need to happen. They would never allow this crap at the Joel.

Bags for everyone!!

Stratt: yeah we will meet you outside before the game if that's ok with you?

Legend :thumbsup:

Here's an idea for one of your signs...

U
Need a
Coach,
Greensboro?
#BuzzOUT

Last edited:
Back