• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Greensboro Coliseum Protest Saturday 12/22

It is pretty clear that Buzzout is not the fringe, but the VAST majority and the jaybones, braces, swabbers, etc are now the fringe. Because you align yourself with the collapsing status quo does not make you the majority.

If you want to wear/display signage congruent with how the message will be received, may I suggest:

WE ARE
#THE LUNATIC FRINGE

When Bzzzout is the position of 99 percent of the Wake Forest fanbase, I'm not sure how you can call it a lunatic fringe.

When you become convinced of the "lunatic fringe's" beliefs, they then become "mainstream."

It's not the message. It's proper place and time. And again, if you think someone currently on staff is the future, not a bad path to take. If you think we need a slamdunk outside hire end of year regardless of who is coaching in March, this is a bad way to get there.

Last edited:
It's not the message. It's proper place and time. And again, if you think someone currently on staff is the future, not a bad path to take. If you think we need a slamdunk outside hire end of year regardless of who is coaching in March, this is a bad way to get there.
This post makes absolutely no sense.

A #BuzzOut campaign is good if we want a guy currently on the staff, but not someone from the outside. Please do tell, when is the proper place and time oh wise one.

Wrong again. When you blow out your ACL, you do not take 2 Tylenol and continue to damage your knee until James Andrews can see you in 4 months. You immobilize the knee (fire Bzz), stop the damage (Let Battle finish the season) and proceed to rehab. Then you get the when he is ready to see you, you see James Andrews.

Wrong again. When you blow out your ACL, you do not take 2 Tylenol and continue to damage your knee until James Andrews can see you in 4 months. You immobilize the knee (fire Bzz), stop the damage (Let Battle finish the season) and proceed to rehab. Then you get the when he is ready to see you, you see James Andrews.

From last few games to the year through the NCAA Final 4. Nobody begrudges a fanbase that wants a winner. Many begrudge a fanbase that would go after a coach that has 10 guys playing hard, or an AD (rightly or wrongly) respected as much as Wellman over the last 15 or so years.

The simple fact is that our players are playing hard and most fans like them, like them a lot. This is not a case where the coach has lost his team or recruited a team nobody likes. The simple fact is that we have a coach that for a variety of reasons - circumstance as well as personal short-comings - has lost the fanbase. The AD will deal with that mess at the appropriate time - END OF YEAR. Or he'll be replaced more than likely.

It is not appropriate to fire a coach who has guys playing hard for him. Not mid-season. Continued fan suckdom only hurts our product for future coaches. If the players quit on Bzz now, a few games from now or towards the end of the year, I'd change my tune, but they haven't and they won't. Not because Bzz is an awesome coach but mostly because circumstance is that we have 9 ACC players playing for minutes. Of course they are going to work hard. But because of that, the season rides.

Jaybone, you make all these subjective statements as if they're accepted facts. Just stop. You seem to have very little insight into the minds of general public.

And you're cool with getting a new coach when the players quit? But not before then? I'd rather reward the players' continued hard work by getting them someone who is worthy of leading them, worthy of leading an ACC team, worthy of leading a Wake Forest basketball team.

Can that happen before the end of the year? And I don't give a rats ass about the minds of the general public. What do they have to do with it? I am only interested in having the best possible basketball coach we can hope for going forward.

You in essence make my point.

From last few games to the year through the NCAA Final 4. Nobody begrudges a fanbase that wants a winner. Many begrudge a fanbase that would go after a coach that has 10 guys playing hard, or an AD (rightly or wrongly) respected as much as Wellman over the last 15 or so years.

The simple fact is that our players are playing hard and most fans like them, like them a lot. This is not a case where the coach has lost his team or recruited a team nobody likes. The simple fact is that we have a coach that for a variety of reasons - circumstance as well as personal short-comings - has lost the fanbase. The AD will deal with that mess at the appropriate time - END OF YEAR. Or he'll be replaced more than likely.

It is not appropriate to fire a coach who has guys playing hard for him. Not mid-season. Continued fan suckdom only hurts our product for future coaches. If the players quit on Bzz now, a few games from now or towards the end of the year, I'd change my tune, but they haven't and they won't. Not because Bzz is an awesome coach but mostly because circumstance is that we have 9 ACC players playing for minutes. Of course they are going to work hard. But because of that, the season rides.

You have a very subjective viewpoint...wasn't it just 2-3 games ago that the entire board was talking about how Travis and CJ were just going through the motions? One game against the 2nd worst team in DI does not make a "Playing hard" team.

Last edited:
Can that happen before the end of the year? And I don't give a rats ass about the minds of the general public. What do they have to do with it? I am only interested in having the best possible basketball coach we can hope for going forward.

You in essence make my point.
You spoke of "nobody," "many," and "most fans" in your previous post, making assertions on behalf of each of them. In order to speak on their behalf, I'd think you would at least "give a rats ass about the minds of the general public."

Jaybone just spewing the same old bullshit.

You have a very subjective viewpoint...wasn't it just 2-3 games ago that the entire board was talking about how Travis and CJ were just going through the motions? One game against the 2nd worst team in DI does not make a "Playing hard" team.

I don't think CJ wasn't playing hard. Travis started playing hard last night 17 minutes into the game after he was replaced by Rountree and Rountree kicked ass. Then when Travis came back in, voila, he started playing hard. I would argue it was smart of Bzz to put him at the top of the press essentially replacing Rountree because he knew that if Furman started to suddenly beat the press, everyone would know it is on Travis, but whatever. The point is Travis started working hard last night when he realized he wasn't going to play if he didn't.

As I said, not a reflection on Bzz at all, just that we have more live bodies this year who can play ACC or Div 1 ball. Last year, Travis wasn't going to lose PT to anyone because they could produce better. This year, that is not the case.

I don't know what the hell you are talking about with authority figures. I distrust or don't care about most of them.

I just think you are all are being babies. Analogies on message boards are like moles on or near private parts: way too abundant. Your ACL anology has no value. The bottom line is you want an elite coach making elite money, you ride through this year with minimal drama. Everyone is fine with firing a coach with no bag wins in 3 years, and the talent remaining will be pretty persuasive to a lot of coaches. But again, minimal drama.

You spoke of "nobody," "many," and "most fans" in your previous post, making assertions on behalf of each of them. In order to speak on their behalf, I'd think you would at least "give a rats ass about the minds of the general public."

Jaybone just spewing the same old bullshit.
Sorry you are right I wasn't clear. I was talking pundits and coaches. I don't think you guys quite get it strategy wise. The fact is that NEXT YEAR the ACC is going to add Louisville, Notre Dame, Syracuse and Pitt. More money coming in. A lot of attention. Next year we have 8 sophs and 1 senior and a nice frosh. How many of the 16 other ACC schools are going to be firing coaches? BC maybe. GTech I guess it is possible. There could be just one ACC coaching job available. One. In the recently realigned and expanded ACC with legendary coaches like Pitino, Boeheim, Coach K, Roy, etc.. Don't fuck that up please.

Jaybone, you realize that if [Redacted] was fired midseason, we wouldn't necessarily jump in and hire someone immediately. However, it'd give us a headstart ahead of the majority of other programs giving us an inherent advantage in getting the best possible new coach.

And even then, I think it's very unrealistic that [Redacted] gets fired midseason. However, an entire season of #BuzzOut national media and pressure would greatly increase the chance of [Redacted] getting canned or resigning at the end of this season, rather than the chance that Wellman or the powers that be give him one more year since the fans supported this team.

Your continued support of our failure of a "coach" grows tiresome. The sooner he is gone, the better off we are. The longer he is here, the more his stamp of idiocy/mediocrity/lack of accountability/lack of rebounding, etc will be with these guys.

Back