• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Greg Dortch out for season

The pylons are actually a lot harder and heavier than you would think. That coupled with the stretch and force of falling probably did it.

On a different note, is there anyway this could be career threatening?

Highly unlikely.

The series before, Dortch got a helmet in the gut then stretched and fumbled in the endzone. The injury could have occurred then and was aggravated on the pylon TD play.
Huh? The pylon play happened early in the 2nd quarter. The fumble out of the end zone happened in the 3rd quarter.

The pylons are actually a lot harder and heavier than you would think. That coupled with the stretch and force of falling probably did it.

On a different note, is there anyway this could be career threatening?

Man I hope not, that kid was already a star in just 8 games into his career. The potential for him as he matures is off the charts.

Upon further review Ayo, you are correct. Maybe the injury occurred on the pylon play and was exacerbated on the fumble.

Damn, what rotten luck for that kid. Glad he is under the care of so many great medical professionals at WFU. Get well soon Greg!

I feel so bad for the kid. He goes from perhaps the biggest day in his career to perhaps his worst day ever...just a matter of hours. I pray he will recover completely without implications. Beyond that I truly hope he can continue his football career at Wake. Clearly, he is a special player.

Is he eligible for a medical redshirt? Probably not.

Was the official diagnosis a ruptured spleen? Anyone know for certain?

He has played in 5 conference games against BC, GT, Clemson, FSU and Lville. Will he still be eligible for All-ACC and ROY?

I know I'm not objective, but it really does seem sometimes like Wake sports has more than its fair share of terrible luck. This is a big blow to our chances at a bowl in a year when that matters a lot for recruiting, momentum, etc.

Oh well. Most important thing is that Greg is okay.

Damn.

Glad to hear it sounds like he’s going to be OK.

Heal well, Mr. Dortch.

When he says "See you in 2018", he clearly means when Wake gets an invite to a New Year's Six game.
Get well soon Mr. Dortch. Your position will be open when you get to feeling better. Looking forward to your future performances in the years to come!

5th in FBS all purpose yards. Wonder how many other school records he would have set this year.

My hope is he brought such a spark to this team that his teammates will owe it to him not to waste his efforts.

I feel so bad for the kid. He goes from perhaps the biggest day in his career to perhaps his worst day ever...just a matter of hours. I pray he will recover completely without implications. Beyond that I truly hope he can continue his football career at Wake. Clearly, he is a special player.

Is he eligible for a medical redshirt? Probably not.

Too many games for a medical redshirt. Anything over 1/4 of the number of regular season scheduled games makes it over the limit so being it was Game # 8 means it was too many.

Too many games for a medical redshirt. Anything over 1/4 of the number of regular season scheduled games makes it over the limit so being it was Game # 8 means it was too many.

Thanks. I thought was the case.

I’m glad he’s going to be okay and it was recognized early enough to get to the hospital without any further complications. Truly incredible how well he performed after sustaining a season ending injury.

Also, the bottom part of pylons are heavy enough to hold them down. If he landed in the exact right spot, that, coupled with belly flopping at full speed on the ground, is definitely enough to inflict that sort of injury. Terrible for him and the Deacs, but the emergence of Washington last game and Hines (who is a playmaker, just not as dynamic as Dortch obviously) should be able to keep our offense better than years past. We will see how the season ends up. Thought before this injury we had a shot at going 8-4 with my projection being 7-5. That changes to shot at 7-5 with projection being 6-6. Big change.

We are literally the only program in America that would ever have a player injured by the fucking end zone pylon. That wouldn’t happen to a Bama guy in a million lifetimes.

God really does hate us. We can’t have something nice for even five minutes without some sort of terrible repercussion.

TITCR

When I saw him land on the pylon I remember thinking how bizarre that looked and now...

Back