• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Greg Dortch out for season

Perhaps another dirty tactic from Louisville!

Washington has simply beat out Lewis for playing time. Who will be Hines backup? Hines isn't Dortch, but he can carry some of that load.

20 years ago they were made entirely of soft foam with a small disc magnet at the bottom or small hole where a small flexible insert from the field could stick into it. Impossible to get injured on them. They may have changed in recent years but nonetheless there is nothing dangerous about them. I have one from the 92 Indy Bowl if any of you wish to caress it at a future tailgate.

A tiny magnet could be encased in the foam. It works in hockey and other places.

I don't think a small magnet would hold up against rain storms or windy conditions. Last thing you would want is for the pylons to be blowing across the field while the game was going on.

On Twitter his mother said that it was metal from the pylon that caused the injury. Unsure of whether or not they are supposed to have metal, or if that is an accurate diagnosis, but that's from somebody with presumably intimate knowledge of the injury.

Just saw this, i stand corrected

Is our medical staff culpable for allowing him to return to action and for not securing emergency treatment more quickly?

I sincerely hope not.

This is such a Wake Forest injury. We probably have some non-regulation pylons that we bought from a Wake donor that now caused a life threatening injury to our best receiver in memory. It would be like like loosing Chaundee for the season when he breaks a backboard and gets a splinter of glass in his eye.

Is our medical staff culpable for allowing him to return to action and for not securing emergency treatment more quickly?

I sincerely hope not.

I doubt it, there's precedent for that happening. Phil Simms kid played over a half of football with a ruptured spleen for the Bucs a few years ago. I think it's something that can't really be diagnosed until awhile after the injury, without doing imaging tests on the spot.

20 years ago they were made entirely of soft foam with a small disc magnet at the bottom or small hole where a small flexible insert from the field could stick into it. Impossible to get injured on them. They may have changed in recent years but nonetheless there is nothing dangerous about them. I have one from the 92 Indy Bowl if any of you wish to caress it at a future tailgate.

PM sent

In honor of "Dortch the Torch" we as fans should bring orange square candles to burn during the game!! Dortch's Torch will NOT be extinguished! We play for Greg, and we shall be victorious, La Parrrrka!!!

I sincerely hope not.

he probably passed some blood on Saturday night. Really happy that the internal bleeding was caught in time. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Back