• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Greg Dortch out for season

Not sure if somebody else has said this, but this probably explains why he seemed in pain after his last TD.

Dortch...725 yards...9 Touchdowns..18th in the nation . Kid was getting better every game. Would have finsished top ten IMO. Would not be surprised if he is top 5 yards after catch. Can't find that stat.

Driven
Offensive weapon
Resilient
Touchdown Machine
Championship bound
Hardcore

Heal, rest, recover and come back ready to win the league next year.

The pylon at our HS is attached to a submerged gutter spike with a tab of Velcro. A very strong wind could knock it over. The NFL has cameras in their pylons which look down the lines. Just a freak accident from compressed foam.

I was sitting on Deacon Hill and saw one of the Louisville cheerleaders knock over the very pylon involved in the injury, then place it back on the field. Was definitely nothing but highly coincidental. I hope Greg Dortch has a speedy recovery. Watching him in that game was amazing.

Last edited:
I have for years derided a bad scene in an otherwise good movie... Patriot Games, Harrison Ford's wife - Ann Archer- is speeding down the interstate when attached from a van by gun rotting Irish Republic terrorists... the wife is forced into a head on collision with a speedway concrete divide. Wife and daughter, who was in the car, slam head on at top speed... they are taken to the hospital.... Harrison is sitting in his wife's room (no apparent injuries despite the crash... Porsche safety must have exceeded norms). She asks about the daughter...Harrison chokes backs the tears and sobbingly explains the daughter has an injured spleen!

Of all the injuries from such an accident... a spleen that no one knows what it does? Really!? I find the scene comical both for delivery and content.

Guess I can't take it so lightly anymore... Get well soon...

Any updates on how Greg is doing?
Hopefully, he's on the way to a successful recovery.

This is devastating. My guess is we will see how valuable he is to the squad in the coming weeks. I'm worried we're going to see a pitiful offense without him. Hope I'm wrong. I'm just glad Dortch seems to be optimistic about a terrible situation.

This is devastating. My guess is we will see how valuable he is to the squad in the coming weeks. I'm worried we're going to see a pitiful offense without him. Hope I'm wrong. I'm just glad Dortch seems to be optimistic about a terrible situation.

Glad Dortch is more optimistic than you.

Let's not forget that Hines is a pretty good player. After two years of competing with Wade for snaps and 8 games of competing with Dortch, he is the man in the slot.

Let's not forget that Hines is a pretty good player. After two years of competing with Wade for snaps and 8 games of competing with Dortch, he is the man in the slot.

He's good, no doubt, but Tabari has never shown the "it" factor Dortch has. That kid has got "it," his nose for the endzone is awesome. Of course his nose for the endzone ended up getting him a bad abdominal injury and a fumble Saturday, but I'm glad we've got somebody that aggressive.

Without boring anyone with details, being someone who's had major abdominal surgery on more than one occassion, getting up and walking and getting your bowels moving is a big freaking deal.

Can't say I've ever been excited about a 19 year old taking a dump.

I work in a hospital getting people up and walking after surgeries. Two days for your first BM after a major abdominal surgery is really really good.

Back