• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe IN or Grobe OUT?

Grobe IN or Grobe OUT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Though I would rather finish with 5 wins and have the players have some fire in them going into next year, versus getting to 6, getting eligible and then getting destroyed in our bowl game

I voted Grobe in. I am not thrilled with the results this season or the way we ended last year but I still think Grobe can turn things around. The next couple of seasons are big ones for Grobe but I don't think he should be fired at this point.

I just don't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Please just ride off in to the sunset and let us inject some energy back in to the program. I'm not asking him to be an attention whore clown, parading on the sidelines when he knows the camera is on him, defensive coordinator who looks like Jim Carrey in the Mask but do something for chrissakes. Although, I actually did see him say a few words last night. And I was happy to see that that idiot Lobo is coaching from the booth now.

6-6 and a bowl win with the issues this year, IN..
5-7, with the missed chances. Should have beat MD, Could have beat Duke, off the field issues reflect on the coach, 4 straight losing seasons Out
4-8 Out..

Caldwell's last 4 seasons:

5-6
3-8
7-5 (Aloha Bowl)
2-9

Total: 17-28 (.377) (includes two losses to App State)

1-A record: 17-26 (.395)

Grobe's last 3 2/3 seasons:

5-7
3-9
6-7 (Music City Bowl)
4-4

Total: 18-27 (.400) (includes 4 wins vs. FBS opponents)

FBS record: 14-27 (.341)

Grobe would have to finish 4-0 to have a better record against 1-A/FBS schools than Caldwell over his last 4 years.

Looks as if Grobe has slipped back to Ohio U football even though I bet the Bobcats could beat us this season.

Grobe in, everyone else OUT. Lobo- HE GONE, Knorr- HE GONE

Why keep the guy who hired and keeps these guys around for so long? He had his chance to correct things when he got rid of a few coaches and failed. What does Grobe do anymore? He gets paid a lot of money to delegate like a corporate CEO, and he has failed at delegating. If Grobe were actively coaching in practice and on the sidelines, adding value in other ways, perhaps we keep him around, but his employees that he lets do all of the work are failing and he's shown no real desire to correct the problem (or even admit that there is one).

Honestly, we should give Ph a go as the tag suggests. Let him assemble his all-boards staff, save a few million, and likely get better results. At least we wouldn't punt from the fucking Clemson 38 on 4th and inches.

Honestly, we should give Ph a go as the tag suggests. Let him assemble his all-boards staff, save a few million, and likely get better results. At least we wouldn't punt from the fucking Clemson 38 on 4th and inches.
If all the experts are on the staff, who will be left to criticize them?

I won't be upset if Grobe stays on, but I just think that its time for a new direction.

I think it would be somewhat foolhardy to expect Grobe to change his coaching philosophy at this stage of his career. No matter who his assistants are.

Dibs on the OC job and coaching receivers.

I think it would be somewhat foolhardy to expect Grobe to change his coaching philosophy at this stage of his career. No matter who his assistants are.

True, but how about going back to the Grobe of 6-7 years ago?

You should fire him. With wellman's track record of late, he will be replaced with Jeff Bowden.

SMH!

In the ACC, Grobe has eight losing seasons, one .500 and three winning ones.

Back