• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe IN or Grobe OUT?

Grobe IN or Grobe OUT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Grobe In

Lobo Out

If Grobe won't let go of Lobo after this year then I would vote for this being his last contract and when it gets closer to the finish line we find someone new. The head coach is responsible for his staff.

To me, Grobe-in, Knorr/Lobo-out just doesn't make sense. Grobe isn't an active coach. Don't know how he is in practice, but during games you hardly see him say a word. His role is in hiring coaches he thinks are the best for his system. Knorr and Lobo aren't particularly good but Grobe must think they are so if you have a problem with them then you have a problem with Grobe.

Are you Dan Collins in disguise?

Are you Dan Collins in disguise?

No.

Want proof? I managed to write five sentences about football without mentioning fried chicken.

If Grobe doesn't see the need to make changes then there's no point in forcing him to make them. If change is necessary, either Grobe has to make it on his own, or Grobe needs to be the one changed.

Watch one half of football with me and he's Ph IN. Let that be a lesson, haters.

Alright, let's fill out a staff.

PhDeac - Head Coach/Fake Field Goals/Interior Punt Block
DeaconSig - Offensive Coordinator/Wide Receivers/Co-Passing Game Coordinator

Sig, what special teams gig do you want?

Ill take "Calculate the actual yard line for PR to stand at" duty. I promise I can do the math way better than any currently on staff. If you want to give me some other coordinator job too thats cool. Really I'd just like to see a PR for Wake be in position to catch a ball without running up at it at the last moment or just letting it bounce for no reason and then pick it up off a hop.

Last edited:
Deacs beat Tarholes this year. Give the entire coaching staff a raise.

Lobo OL coach, Lonnie G OCoordinator, Grobe stays, we win...and oh, have OL lineman with experience.

To me, Grobe-in, Knorr/Lobo-out just doesn't make sense. Grobe isn't an active coach. Don't know how he is in practice, but during games you hardly see him say a word. His role is in hiring coaches he thinks are the best for his system. Knorr and Lobo aren't particularly good but Grobe must think they are so if you have a problem with them then you have a problem with Grobe.

During practice Grobe can be seen standing far away from the action with his arms crossed usually chatting it up with Wellman or Big Daddy.

I think Grobe has earned the right to retire at Wake if he wants to.

I get the impression Grobe won't coach that much longer. It wouldn't shock me if he views next year as his last run.

Biggest concern has to be that we'll just elevate the likes of a Lobo to the big gig, versus someone like Tim DeRuyter or Willie Taggart that has proven they can coach

if wellman is still around to hire the next coach and picks lobo i cannot imagine the meltdown that would happen

most politicians would kill for a 60% approval rating, and this is in a down year for grobe.

I swear to God that if Lobo becomes the HC, I will go ballistic.

I think Grobe has earned the right to retire at Wake if he wants to.

He's dragged us back to Caldwell levels. We're doing worse than we were before he got here. How many years has he earned to be complacent?

Why wouldn't Grobe keep coaching? He's got great money with no accountability. He's not burning to win in a way that you can clearly see. This is perfect for him.

He's dragged us back to Caldwell levels. We're doing worse than we were before he got here. How many years has he earned to be complacent?

Why wouldn't Grobe keep coaching? He's got great money with no accountability. He's not burning to win in a way that you can clearly see. This is perfect for him.

I don't agree with this. That's just his personality. He always is even-keeled. I'm hoping he is realizing that he has some important decisions to make in the off-season. Getting rid of Lobo would be a great start.

He's not firing Lobo. Just not going to happen.

Back