• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Guess the date/time of Manning’s firing/resignation

Well,, Wes Miller and UNC-G are the #1 seed in the NIT this year. (ie: 1st one out of the NCAA. )

That's not how that works. NC State was far closer to being in the NCAA than UNCG. UNCG wasn't even a bubble team.

OK, but they were listed as the 1st name in the 1st 4 out on selection Sunday NCAAT show. Didn't see NCSU's name anywhere mentioned.

That's not how that works. NC State was far closer to being in the NCAA than UNCG. UNCG wasn't even a bubble team.
Actually the committee head posted on twitter that uncg was in the tourney until Oregon upset washington. They were the 1st team out.

The last four out all received one seeds in NIT. Oregon essentially knocked uncg out

NC State was probably closer to being in, but UNCG was absolutely a bubble team.

I mean, I guess you could argue at 81, they were ranked close to the last two in, Temple (76) and St John's (78), but UNCG's SOS of 139 wasn't even close to Temple (75) and St. John's (62). I don't recall anyone talking seriously about UNCG getting an at-large bid. There are a BUNCH of teams ahead of them who had much better seasons while still sitting at home.

Edit: that said, NET has them quite a bit higher at 60, so maybe they were closer than I realized.

Actually the committee head posted on twitter that uncg was in the tourney until Oregon upset washington. They were the 1st team out.

Yep. Heard an interview with the Stanford AD who headed the selection committee. He confirmed the last team to make the field (#68) was St. John's and the first team out was UNCG (#69).

Ok, I'm wrong on this one. Really weird for NC State to be a 2 seed in the NIT while UNCG is a 1.

Now, UNC-G has something of a challenge to live up to the position allocated. We'll see.

Danny wins 17 games next year, gets a 4 year 30 mil extension.

An exact date/time was given by a poster. It was then corroborated by Creamy, who was on point regarding the Wellman retirement, even though he expected it to be announced later this spring rather than leaked the way that it was.

When I say "corroborated", I mean eminently verifiable. And I say that with all due respect to our insiders, including Creamy (and others), whom I appreciate very much.

What has made sense in the basketball program over the last decade. Why would logic prevail now?

Well, we have made a significant investment in facilities; so there's that. Seems logical in trying to remain competitive on that front.

I agree the last two coaching hires for men's basketball have been shit. Personally, I quit buying season passes when Dino was let go. I'm just an 'internet skeptic' when it comes to all these 'claims' that in large part never come to fruition (and I'm talking in general terms here). Lots of bullshit to sift through these days online.

I've never been more disappointed with Wake basketball than I have this year. It killed college basketball for me entirely. I might have watched two Wake games in total this year. That's a big change from arranging my schedule for every Wake Forest game these last...30+ years.

Debby From Facebok

SaltyBalls

Both say it’s done, both say Shaka is number one

I mean it doesn’t get any more concrete than that

Back