• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Happy Hour Mafia! Day 2 ends 10:30 am

Y'all take this way too seriously. It wasn't perfect, but it was a game and it was fun.

JTP played pretty well. Tone wasn't off after he was recruited, which was nice.

What were the roles?

I was expecting something other than just "angel" but that is what I received. lol

Also, multiple times I wanted to type that 1) no chance would smidge randomize roles and 2) PM EVERYONE BEFORE THE GAME!

We say it all the time but #2 needs to happen every game. Tim at one point alluded to this without purposely saying it.

THIS. Honestly, half the time I miss the game - or show up late, like this one - is because I don't get a role PMed to me. So I don't know when it starts.

Having to make solo decisions on kills really stinks. I'm very much a team player and like to bounce ideas around.

I tried to make picks that didn't implicate me but also didn't make me feel bad. I thought about killing Smoove early because of his tension with Gouda, but felt guilty because he's not been around to play and I wanted to him to have a chance.

It was also hard to hold off on killing Toogs for so long.

Thanks for holding off. I really did land half an hour before the deadline, and was looking forward to playing. So I appreciated DV7 keeping me in there. Usually that first kill isn't exactly scientific, either...

I'd actually be interested in that, if you want help. I have one meeting scheduled for next week, and that's literally it.

For the record I don't have anything against you personally and I guess I get expecting a role pm as an excuse. But they aren't a given lately.

Thanks for holding off. I really did land half an hour before the deadline, and was looking forward to playing. So I appreciated DV7 keeping me in there. Usually that first kill isn't exactly scientific, either...

I have some posting habits that look mafia-esque to some, so people like TiC try to make me a scape goat on D1. I've gotten used to it and I think others have too.

For the record I don't have anything against you personally and I guess I get expecting a role pm as an excuse. But they aren't a given lately.

They should be. You can bcc a list with "vanilla civ."

Thanks to Smidge for writing and Smidge and Tejas for cat herding.

Back