• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has anyone considered moving back to the old board?

Yeah, because that place is certainly "dynamic." A quick look shows that last post on the quad was 2+ days ago, same for the pol forum. The sports forum has 6 active threads. It certainly would be the place to go for a dynamic posting experience.

They Fk'ed themselves when they banned their "Oracle" -- they were told on the way out that their site would become a veritable mausoleum in ether....

It's not even that. I know that mine aren't right all the time, hell I know they are barely right a majority of the time. It's just that everybody out there thinks they could do a better job, or thinks that what coach is trying is the worst way to go about it, when in actuality they have absolutely no idea what goes into it.

PS: Save me Ph from the "you don't have to be a gardener to know that when plants die you better have somebody else take care of them" spiel. I've heard it 100 times before and it's not the point I'm making here.

Hey, save your breath. It is a proven fact that people perform better when roundly criticized.

I generally preferred the old board and would still be there except for the dirth of activity. This board is also more advanced from a technical standpoint.

I do not understand the fascination here with using adult language - I use it plenty in real life but it simply isn't necessary and looks so much worse in writing.. I also think it tends to make people more aggressive, or, at a minimum, appear more aggressive.

The negativity here is depressing, but, so is the state of our basketball program so it is hard to blame people. I do think people go WAY overboard with it, though. They also go WAY overboard with the vitriol toward our coach. I don't think he is the answer either but people are absolutely ridiculous with the way they talk about him as if he were the devil himself, appearing in human form for the sole purpose of destroying our basketball program beyond all repair.

This thread is hilarious. These same issues existed on Rancho, ACC Boards, the Scout Boards, and here. They also pretty much exist on any type of message board I've ever seen. Although, the Scout Boards did get pretty bad with the dictatorial atmosphere.

I also love doofus wanting to call someone out for their age. How old is he again?

This thread is hilarious. These same issues existed on Rancho, ACC Boards, the Scout Boards, and here. They also pretty much exist on any type of message board I've ever seen. Although, the Scout Boards did get pretty bad with the dictatorial atmosphere.

I also love doofus wanting to call someone out for their age. How old is he again?

I'm 21! And don't you forget it!!!!!
dance.gif

I might be wrong in this, but I feel like this board has a lot more general non-wake related sports talk on it. This I enjoy a whole lot.

This board is much more about other topics than Wake. If I want pure Wake news I like the other board.
If I want to talk about the NY Giants this board is more interested.

This board is much more about other topics than Wake. If I want pure Wake news I like the other board.

Actually nobody is really "interested" in the Giants.

Premium

I think the issue is that Football season is over and the basketball season might as well be over. What is there really to post about? You can only bash the basketball team so many times. It becomes useless to comment on bball after a while...

This is a soccer board that happens to talk about Wake Forest sports from time to time.

Back