• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has anyone considered moving back to the old board?

It's a decent school, not one that is that good at all and no where near a Wake education. It was the best 4 years of my life, and I do love Temple but my love for Wake basketball has never gone away.

When the Deacs played Temple my frosh year at Temple, I sat in the student section with my CP3 jersey and got shit all game long (deservedly so).

When I was a senior in HS, my older brother bought me sweet 16 tickets to see Wake vs. St Joes. I was so jacked up and thought we seriously had it to get to the final 4. My seats were in a St Joes section and I nearly got into 10 fights during and after the game. I was there with my then girlfriend (current fiance) and some puke monstrosity from Philly grabbed her ass as we were leaving and said something dirty, I wanted to kill this guy but it would have been the other way around considering this guy had about 150 lbs on me and about 8 inches in height.
I walked out of the arena next to Mugsy that night and talked to him all the way to the parking lot. That was about the only redeeming thing that night.

I hope some day to make it down to Winston for a game. It would be nice to be a fan of the home team for once.

After a few more years of Bz, I'm sure we'll have the "We'll fly you to the game" promotion. Buy a full price ticket and get your airfare free.

I don't really understand hating on any Wake fans who didn't go to school there.

Has there been a poll about that? I didn't go to Wake... Luckily I didn't got to a school with sports, either, so I've never had my allegiances tested.

I don't really understand hating on any Wake fans who didn't go to school there.

Hey whatever. I grew up where everyone loved Duke, UNC, or Syracuse. I never met one single Wake Forest fan until I went to a Wake Forest sporting event.

I never had the grades that would have gotten me into Wake. Two there is no how, no way I could have ever afforded going to a private school out of state.

A really smart, crazy broad that I graduated HS with went to Wake for undergrad though.

I really wasn't making fun of him. I just wanted to know how old he was.

I know man, I just have seen you address other posters from the education angle (some well-deserved) and I don't think that being condescending about education is the way to go.

One of my good Wake friends is a smart guy but two of his younger siblings ended up going to one of the top ivies. There's always going to be someone smarter.

Hey whatever. I grew up where everyone loved Duke, UNC, or Syracuse. I never met one single Wake Forest fan until I went to a Wake Forest sporting event.

I never had the grades that would have gotten me into Wake. Two there is no how, no way I could have ever afforded going to a private school out of state.

A really smart, crazy broad that I graduated HS with went to Wake for undergrad though.

I know but my point is you can cheer for whoever you want to. If you want an example of people way too stupid for the school they root for, listen to Finebaum.

I know but my point is you can cheer for whoever you want to. If you want an example of people way too stupid for the school they root for, listen to Finebaum.

or read Andy Glockner's tweets about the Giants. UPenn should ask for his degree back...

idk haha just seemed less sketchy to ask him what year he graduated then just ask "how old are you."

Some people get touchy about that when asked straight up.

Appreciate the support. I just hope sooner rather than later this ship will be righted. For years winter was the best time ever. Being a diehard 49ers fan since 92, the last 8 years, Wake was my escape from the joke that was the 49ers. This year the roles have been reversed. I yearn for the day when both are good again.

idk haha just seemed less sketchy to ask him what year he graduated then just ask "how old are you."

Some people get touchy about that when asked straight up.

Understandably. Hate on my Temple education, doesn't bother me at all. You should be proud if you were able to attend Wake. I will say for certain though, despite the fact that I didn't attend Wake, Wake Forest basketball is an interest that runs deep with me. They taught me the love I have for the game of basketball. A sport that has taken me a lot of places that I wouldn't have seen if it wasn't for the sport. My love for Wake basketball will never go away and I hope to see a final 4 sometime in my lifetime. Hope to some day party with a number of you posters if that day were to ever come. Cheers to all , even if I give any of you guys hell.

I never went to Wake. I am from Clarks Summit PA and became a deacs fan in the weirdest way possible. In the winter of 1995 , a close family friend moved from CS down to Raleigh NC and my family went to visit them. I was in 4th grade and on Feb 1st I was stuck in an unfamiliar place. I was flipping through the stations on their TV and caught Wake Forest @ NC State. It was the first year I was playing basketball so I started to watch it on TV most of the winter. So anyways I am watching the game, and was enamored with Duncan's skills. A couple days later we went to some mall , I got myself a Duncan jersey and became a fan. I haven't stopped following or liking the Deacs since. For better or worse.

I graduated from Temple University in 08.

This is just frikkin' awesome.

It's a decent school, not one that is that good at all and no where near a Wake education. It was the best 4 years of my life, and I do love Temple but my love for Wake basketball has never gone away.

When the Deacs played Temple my frosh year at Temple, I sat in the student section with my CP3 jersey and got shit all game long (deservedly so).

When I was a senior in HS, my older brother bought me sweet 16 tickets to see Wake vs. St Joes. I was so jacked up and thought we seriously had it to get to the final 4. My seats were in a St Joes section and I nearly got into 10 fights during and after the game. I was there with my then girlfriend (current fiance) and some puke monstrosity from Philly grabbed her ass as we were leaving and said something dirty, I wanted to kill this guy but it would have been the other way around considering this guy had about 150 lbs on me and about 8 inches in height.
I walked out of the arena next to Mugsy that night and talked to him all the way to the parking lot. That was about the only redeeming thing that night.

I hope some day to make it down to Winston for a game. It would be nice to be a fan of the home team for once.

Cheering for Wake in the student section, impressive. More power to you. Mr Cosby could not have been pleased.

One day your loyalty will be rewarded.

Back