• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has anyone considered moving back to the old board?

It's called coping through humor.

I guess I just don't think it's funny when people continually call out and make fun of players and coaches that are working extremely hard day in and day out, regardless of the results.

I am certainly guilty of it too from time to time.I t is one thing to be upset about players and coaches, but another to just rip them all over an anonymous message board every single game.

Well I did that because you made stupid post after stupid post calling out the players and the coaching staff. You call several of the players stupid and were generally just being a complete douchebag.

I apologize that your shitty posting led me to call you out on some things.

I have no problem with it. I called Bzz for the ineptitude that he has given us. I called our TC for his awesome court vision, Nikita because I just think he is awful and Carson for being as soft as TP.

Wish death upon me all you want. BTW Kemba killed it tonight man.

I have no problem with it. I called Bzz for the ineptitude that he has given us. I called our TC for his awesome court vision, Nikita because I just think he is awful and Carson for being as soft as TP.

Wish death upon me all you want. BTW Kemba killed it tonight man.

What year did you graduate from Wake Forest?

This board is superior to the old board and the terribleness that you have to slog through after a bad loss happens wherever there is traffic... it used to happen on DS.

That said, for 48 hours after a tough loss this is basically every new thread and the discussion in each of these threads:

I should really just stop reading game threads. I didn't for a while because I actually attend the games and don't like to read others opinions, but for some reason I have gotten back to it.

People aren't happy when we lose. It's called gallow's humor.

If you didn't laugh, you would cry.

I should really just stop reading game threads. I didn't for a while because I actually attend the games and don't like to read others opinions, but for some reason I have gotten back to it.

Ease up on the sanctimony, All Knowing One

Gloom, despair, and agony on us.

Or you could just not post derogatory things about somebody losing their job (like Moonz does), or kids playing poorly in a game, or a coach doing a poor job with his team...

I guess I just don't understand why masking your derogatory statements at these people with humor makes it ok by any means. To me it is the same as saying to TUA "You are a shitty employee and should be fired immediately."

What year did you graduate from Wake Forest?

I never went to Wake. I am from Clarks Summit PA and became a deacs fan in the weirdest way possible. In the winter of 1995 , a close family friend moved from CS down to Raleigh NC and my family went to visit them. I was in 4th grade and on Feb 1st I was stuck in an unfamiliar place. I was flipping through the stations on their TV and caught Wake Forest @ NC State. It was the first year I was playing basketball so I started to watch it on TV most of the winter. So anyways I am watching the game, and was enamored with Duncan's skills. A couple days later we went to some mall , I got myself a Duncan jersey and became a fan. I haven't stopped following or liking the Deacs since. For better or worse.

I graduated from Temple University in 08.

Probs wouldn't hurt TUA too badly if he was making a 7 figure salary and would get that salary even if fired

Ease up on the sanctimony, All Knowing One

It's not even that. I know that mine aren't right all the time, hell I know they are barely right a majority of the time. It's just that everybody out there thinks they could do a better job, or thinks that what coach is trying is the worst way to go about it, when in actuality they have absolutely no idea what goes into it.

PS: Save me Ph from the "you don't have to be a gardener to know that when plants die you better have somebody else take care of them" spiel. I've heard it 100 times before and it's not the point I'm making here.

I understand this sentiment. I avoided and do avoid most game threads. As I stated earlier in this thread, when I was in HS I was bat shit crazy during Wake games. When I found the old board I am pretty sure being able to vent during games and after was way better for my health. By about last February I was becoming annoyed with the state of the program that I just turned to laughter. Thank god for some of the posters on here who literally have me dying laughing during games. If not , id probably smash stuff or cry.

I never went to Wake. I am from Clarks Summit PA and became a deacs fan in the weirdest way possible. In the winter of 1995 , a close family friend moved from CS down to Raleigh NC and my family went to visit them. I was in 4th grade and on Feb 1st I was stuck in an unfamiliar place. I was flipping through the stations on their TV and caught Wake Forest @ NC State. It was the first year I was playing basketball so I started to watch it on TV most of the winter. So anyways I am watching the game, and was enamored with Duncan's skills. A couple days later we went to some mall , I got myself a Duncan jersey and became a fan. I haven't stopped following or liking the Deacs since. For better or worse.

I graduated from Temple University in 08.

Oh ok, thanks. Congrats on your Temple education, I've heard it's a great school (not sarcastic at all).

I understand this sentiment. I avoided and do avoid most game threads. As I stated earlier in this thread, when I was in HS I was bat shit crazy during Wake games. When I found the old board I am pretty sure being able to vent during games and after was way better for my health. By about last February I was becoming annoyed with the state of the program that I just turned to laughter. Thank god for some of the posters on here who literally have me dying laughing during games. If not , id probably smash stuff or cry.

We just disagree with ways to handle things when we are upset I guess. I don't think making fun of the way that kids who are working their asses off is a great way to alleviate the anger I'm feeling.

It's not even that. I know that mine aren't right all the time, hell I know they are barely right a majority of the time. It's just that everybody out there thinks they could do a better job, or thinks that what coach is trying is the worst way to go about it, when in actuality they have absolutely no idea what goes into it.

PS: Save me Ph from the "you don't have to be a gardener to know that when plants die you better have somebody else take care of them" spiel. I've heard it 100 times before and it's not the point I'm making here.

Never used that one, but it's pretty good.

Well this went to hell.

Right...this is the way that a lot of people feel when there is a thread that is designed to talk about some aspect of Wake Forest basketball devolves into BuzzOuters and BuzzInners going at it all the time.

Oh ok, thanks. Congrats on your Temple education, I've heard it's a great school (not sarcastic at all).

It's a decent school, not one that is that good at all and no where near a Wake education. It was the best 4 years of my life, and I do love Temple but my love for Wake basketball has never gone away.

When the Deacs played Temple my frosh year at Temple, I sat in the student section with my CP3 jersey and got shit all game long (deservedly so).

When I was a senior in HS, my older brother bought me sweet 16 tickets to see Wake vs. St Joes. I was so jacked up and thought we seriously had it to get to the final 4. My seats were in a St Joes section and I nearly got into 10 fights during and after the game. I was there with my then girlfriend (current fiance) and some puke monstrosity from Philly grabbed her ass as we were leaving and said something dirty, I wanted to kill this guy but it would have been the other way around considering this guy had about 150 lbs on me and about 8 inches in height.
I walked out of the arena next to Mugsy that night and talked to him all the way to the parking lot. That was about the only redeeming thing that night.

I hope some day to make it down to Winston for a game. It would be nice to be a fan of the home team for once.

I don't really understand hating on any Wake fans who didn't go to school there.

Back