• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has the #buzzout movement been struck a fatal blow?

12 wins is likely? Something like this seems about right:

@ Georgia Tech - W
vs #1 Duke - L
@Maryland - L
@North Carolina - L
vs Florida State - W
@ Boston College - W
vs Georgia Tech - W
vs #25 Miami (FL) - L
@ Florida State - L
vs Maryland - W
@ #18 North Carolina State - L
vs Virginia Tech - W

16-14 (9-9)

That definitely gets him another year, and it should imo.

I agree, but the real danger is continued mediocrity.

Still, it might be worthwhile to let Bz ride out the rebuild until we get back to respectability before looking to hire another coach.

Going 9-9 is more likely than just winning 2 more games.

I don't think it's fatal but the way things are playing out it sure looks like it's a nail in that coffin. IMO it guaranteed him another year, if that was even being questioned (IMO not).

We now have a coach that has a predominantly freshman team playing great team bball, a freshman starting to play like a NBA diamond in the rough, a team that is rebounding well including offensive (problems with past teams), and having now beaten two top 40 RPI teams (a first for a Bz trained team).

The thesis I've been running with is either he sucks or he's a good coach more worried about teaching, and teaching a very fundamental but complex system with a steeper learning curve than most coaches are willing to do. The data is starting to look more and more like the latter.

sons-liberty.jpg

Can we save all of these damn BzzIn quotes and bring them back up when we go back to losing like we are used to. Law of averages says that one should win at least ONE big game in a career.

Pass the bong. You've had enough.

I was really going with the likely best case scenario/this is how Bzz would keep his job (i understood the comment to be 12 ACC wins, not 12 total wins and tried to give my best case)

Devin Thomas won this game, not Jeff [Redacted]. BuzzOut is still very much alive in my house.

I agree, but the real danger is continued mediocrity.

Still, it might be worthwhile to let Bz ride out the rebuild until we get back to respectability before looking to hire another coach.

I'm trying to convince myself Wellman knew the rebuild was going to take 3-4 years and needed to bring in an old dope like bzz who would kick out the wrong guys, recruit the right players, and teach some X's and O's in the process. Then we'll look for a long-term solution once we've gotten back to relevance.

One significant win in three years shouldn't change anyone's mind.

Truth is, we have exactly as many wins as I thought we would have at this point in the season, even though I counted on us losing a game we had no business losing (that would be Nebraska). If it keeps up, we'll see, but let's also not lose sight of the fact that NCSU played like garbage in the second half, lost to Maryland, almost lost to Clemson, and had a 5 point game against BC.

Fun game to watch though, sadly I wasn't able to get too much into it due to a work deadline.

Oh, and Devin's a beast.

I don't think it's fatal but the way things are playing out it sure looks like it's a nail in that coffin. IMO it guaranteed him another year, if that was even being questioned (IMO not).

We now have a coach that has a predominantly freshman team playing great team bball, a freshman starting to play like a NBA diamond in the rough, a team that is rebounding well including offensive (problems with past teams), and having now beaten two top 40 RPI teams (a first for a Bz trained team).

The thesis I've been running with is either he sucks or he's a good coach more worried about teaching, and teaching a very fundamental but complex system with a steeper learning curve than most coaches are willing to do. The data is starting to look more and more like the latter.

State and who else? UVA is in the 140s, Xavier around 80.

Devin Thomas won this game, not Jeff [Redacted]. BuzzOut is still very much alive in my house.

Devin Thomas, a 3* unranked player (on scout) that [Redacted] recruited and coached...

Jeff Battle is the secret weapon we have on staff.

I'll take the bait, Moonz.

The win last night was huge. For obvious reasons and for some not so obvious reasons. Have no doubt: For the guys to fight back like they did showed a lot of poise and character. Those are two of the things that, ultimately, we've pinned on Jeff [Redacted] for being absent over the past 2.5 years.

I think the fact that somebody made a push to get students at this game is maybe the biggest victory of the night. I'm happy for those that were there and I hope they are spreading the newly found fever like crazy today on campus.

#BuzzIn or #BuzzOut, we need two things to happen: (1) return to a consistent and competitive level of basketball and (2) spark excitement amongst fans, and the student body in particular.

The two feed off of each other, but prior to last night, I did not think (2) could happen before (1).

I said before, during, and after creating the website & pushing the #BuzzOut campaign: its defensible to assert that [Redacted] could be good for Wake Forest, its indefensible to assert that [Redacted] has been good for Wake Forest. The stats & historical comparisons are going to be updated regardless of the direction we take throughout the rest of this season.

I, for one, am somehow more energized in the efforts knowing that we've got guys like Devin on the team who can expedite our path back to competitiveness and make it fun along the way.

To answer OP: No. A broken clock is right twice a day.

I warned of a conspiracy to prop up the Buzz regime. Once again, OG&G was right.

Back