• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has the #buzzout movement been struck a fatal blow?

LOL Last night was a public relations nightmare for the BuzzOuters. Not only did Wake win an exciting game they were expected to lose, but the BuzzOuters shut down the ogboard to prevent us from celebrating. I guess in the BuzzOut World, if we can't read about it on the board then it didn't really happen. Maybe the BuzzOuters can convince ESPN next to refuse to report any games in which Wake wins. Carry on, theres nothing to see here.

tl;dr (see bold)

Thanks, boogity.

#RememberStetson

#RememberPresbyterian

#RememberIona

As long as [Redacted] remains a mediocre to subpar head coach - of which there's decades of historical evidence to suggest such is the case - #BuzzOut will remain strong and vibrant. One win won't change that. Hell, one good season wouldn't change that.

Devin Thomas, a 3* unranked player (on scout) that [Redacted] recruited and coached...
Right, and one player doesn't bust a zone D like we have lately including last night...also coaching. Devin was certainly the star and surprise, but it was layup drill. If we had won with streaky shooters, the clock right twice a day/it was inevitable argument, I'd be just as skeptical, but it was fundamental bball with freshmen. Great interior passing you don't often see with big men..in yet another game. You could hear the NCSU announcers surprise and envy.

I mean toss out the last two years (and Bz's previous 5 LOL) and the progression this year is what you'd want to see, isn't it? Not saying it'll continue but I guess it swayed me to have hope. I actually look forward to watching us play now! If anything, that was fun to watch.

I'm still convinced that [Redacted] will never be a success here, believe it or not.

You can't sway back and forth or you are just a flip flopper, remember when we won 2 games in a row and we had lots of hope and optimism only to get bitch slapped by Clemson. Last night we were down by 16 at one point, if that margin had held, or we had come back only to lose at the end there would be no talk of Buzz in a positive manner. The entire body of work at the end of the season should be judged.

On a related note lets say Buzz starts to turn things around, the freshman come together, so we have 8 players in one class now. Isn't that just as bad as one and done since no matter what in 3 years we are an absolutely pile of steaming shit again.

Loved the win. Love the freshmen. [Redacted] may be one of those coaches you don't really like but then he ends up being right about a bunch of stuff and knows the game and once guys buy in, things work. Odom was similar, reading between the lines it looks like CJ and Travis might be coming around.

Devil's advocate? Leslie had to miss 2 free throws, they had to miss two contested close-in shots and probably got away with a foul, AND one of the best 3 point shooters in the ACC had to miss a wide open, toes-on-the-line 3 for us to win. Plus another end-game 4+ minute run with no field goals after establishing a lead.

There's much to be done. Definitely had some deja vu to the Dino days watching an NC State team chock full of NBA talent get outcoached and outplayed but refusing to make adjustments outside of throwing a crappy zone at us, which we demolished.

i'm still buzzout but will say that the second half was an absolute joy to watch. a lot of times teams pull upsets because they either get ridiculously hot from outside or the other team can't buy a bucket. we really just ran a layup line on state in the second half.

Give Travis credit for Wood's missed 3. McKie was in Wood's pocket all day long.

Ken Pom is the approximation I like and what a lot of people use. NCSU 37, UVa 39, Xavier 82.

I know, I was just giving you a hard time. RPI isn't at all the same thing, so just make sure to say what you mean and mean what you say. Carry on.

You can't sway back and forth or you are just a flip flopper, remember when we won 2 games in a row and we had lots of hope and optimism only to get bitch slapped by Clemson.
If that's directed at me, I didn't have lots of hope and optimism after those games. We played pretty well defensively, but we had yet to see any offensive output from the freshmen and the Bz rotation choices sucked. The way it looked after those games, we'd just be a tough defensive team that no one liked to play with our only offensive option next year being McKie. But I liked the improved rebounding and was impressed with some of the passing offensively, so I was starting to wonder if coaching was starting to have an impact.

Yes, 8 players in a single class is going to be a major problem. I imagine we'll see someone transfer and/or otherwise leave, and laws of average say someone will have to red shirt due to injury. I wish it were more spread out, especially if Bz's methods have a steep learning curve.

If a Bzz coached Wake team won the national title, I would give him no credit whatsoever and still wish him fired before the next season. He's that bad.

Give Travis credit for Wood's missed 3. McKie was in Wood's pocket all day long.

Travis played outstanding defense last night, by far the best I've seen from him at Wake. He gets all of the credit for that miss. Travis looks like he's shaken off his early-season funk, which is good for the team and good for Travis's professional aspirations.

Last night brought out some good feelings and memories that used to be the norm.

My memory is not as short as Mr. Wellman would like it to be.

That's a good way to put it.

The reality is that our opinions dont mean much. Unfortunately (and unbelievably), neither does the W/L record this season. As long as RW is in charge, his opinion is the only one that matters. And his opinion is that he thinks Bz is a great guy and the program is further along than he thought it would be at this point.

He said so today.

Wow. I guess Wellman couldn't leave well enough alone.

The reality is that our opinions dont mean much. Unfortunately (and unbelievably), neither does the W/L record this season. As long as RW is in charge, his opinion is the only one that matters. And his opinion is that he thinks Bz is a great guy and the program is further along than he thought it would be at this point.

He said so today.

Ah. He also gave Dino an extension 6 months before firing him. We won 8 games his first year. 13 last year. He's got to get 16 this year or Wellman will cut him or be pressured into doing so. Nothing positive he says during the season should be taken for much. If he starts a sentence with, "I'm disappointed .." and it references the hoops team, he's done end of year

Back