• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has the #buzzout movement been struck a fatal blow?

Proud of how our kids played. But, as someone said above, I remember when these kind of wins were the norm. We may not have won NCAA games under Dino.....but F, at least we made it to the tourney. This ass clown couldn't take Indiana to the tourney.

I read something on one of the state boards earlier that made me sick to my stomach because it was true. "they may have beaten us, but the joke is on them. They have to keep Bzzz another year". When state fans can figure it out, bt Wellman can't.....

No worries another BCS school will come calling on Bz as soon as we get that elusive NIT bid. Culture sells.

The reality is that our opinions dont mean much. Unfortunately (and unbelievably), neither does the W/L record this season. As long as RW is in charge, his opinion is the only one that matters. And his opinion is that he thinks Bz is a great guy and the program is further along than he thought it would be at this point.

He said so today.

Who does he tell these things and does anyone respond to him with a different viewpoint?

The reality is that our opinions dont mean much. Unfortunately (and unbelievably), neither does the W/L record this season. As long as RW is in charge, his opinion is the only one that matters. And his opinion is that he thinks Bz is a great guy and the program is further along than he thought it would be at this point.

He said so today.
I'm going to throw up.

The PR flaks are out in full force today. Must of had a prayer meeting.

Last night brought out some good feelings and memories that used to be the norm.

My memory is not as short as Mr. Wellman would like it to be.

Agree. It's going to take a lot more than one game to make me forget all the nonsense up until this point.

Agree. It's going to take a lot more than one game to make me forget all the nonsense up until this point.

Oh, I have since passed the point of no return sometime last year. I am permanently BzzOut and it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see RW retire at this point either.

He said so today.

If I still cared about WFU basketball. If Wellman hadn't ruined something I loved for the first 40+ years of my life. If I wasn't so completely apathetic about WFU hoops. This would absolutely enrage me. If I still cared I'd say my dislike for Ron Wellman is so legion that it makes my dislike of Buzz seem like mad love by comparison.

Good thing I don't care any more...

Ah. He also gave Dino an extension 6 months before firing him. We won 8 games his first year. 13 last year. He's got to get 16 this year or Wellman will cut him or be pressured into doing so. Nothing positive he says during the season should be taken for much. If he starts a sentence with, "I'm disappointed .." and it references the hoops team, he's done end of year

I don't remember hearing anything like this about Dino Gaudio from Ron Wellman.

Athletics Director Ron Wellman, looking at Gaudio’s whole body of work over the last two season, made it clear that Gaudio remains the man for the job when he gave him a contract extension through the 2013-14 season. “Dino has continued to move our basketball program forward, much as we anticipated when he was hired two years ago,” Wellman said. “We are pleased with the progress of the student-athletes, both on and off the court, and Dino is responsible for that progress.”

http://oldgoldandblack.com/?p=2726

He should have just stopped before he said that things were "further along than he expected". That sounds like he planned for the dumpster fire we just saw.

^ Wow, thanks for posting that, jaybone. I think he needs 17 wins to stick around.

If a Bzz coached Wake team won the national title, I would give him no credit whatsoever and still wish him fired before the next season. He's that bad.

Note to self:

Add RaleighDeacon to list of posters with no credibility because they say winning a national title would not convince them that a WFU coach is good...

List:
Socal referring to Grobe
RaleighDeacon referring to [Redacted]

Like you were selling Codi to buy Lewis?

Seriously. Last night was the best look I've had at Tyler Lewis. WTF is the matter with Gottfried? How in the hell did he think that gy is any better than a third string backup point guard in the ACC. And shame on all of you for suggesting that we fucked up by not finding a way to get him to sit on our bench. Cody and Madison are miles ahead of that guy. Sheesh.

Even on a day when I should be happy, RW comes along and fucks me in the mouth. What a dick. Further along than you expected? Good lord.

Seriously. Last night was the best look I've had at Tyler Lewis. WTF is the matter with Gottfried? How in the hell did he think that gy is any better than a third string backup point guard in the ACC. And shame on all of you for suggesting that we fucked up by not finding a way to get him to sit on our bench. Cody and Madison are miles ahead of that guy. Sheesh.

Snap judgments are really cool!

Codi is a solid basketball player as a frosh who is going to be very good in the long run and I'm happy we got him over Tyler. Tyler will be a solid basketball player in his own right. He's not on my team, so I could care less about "how good." The kid is 18 years old, though.

Anyway, it's not our problem, so just give it a break...

Last edited:
Our kids fought like I have never seen before and I admit that I was happy for them but I also as if my NFL team had to lose out to get the number one pick and beat a playoff team. IMO I see the chemistry coming together but I still see the same flaws as far as execution. No offense to the Buzz supporters but he is going to have win a lot more games to convince me that he can boost this program to the next level. ( numbers do not lie)

Back