• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has the Wake basketball program passed rock bottom?

Has Wake basketball passed rock bottom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
tumblr_lttq74THEF1r5akmio1_500.jpg

Sad thing is I'm fairly sure the fanbase would have been perfectly happy being down 5 at half and losing by 12 today, and we couldn't even pull that off.

We need another improvement regression analysis before we can know for sure, you guys.

Sample size Deac in full effect up in here.

I'm not going to say I didn't predict this scenario to the doofi on the Kenpom thread a couple weeks back. Liars > Damned Liars > Statistics.

I'm not going to say I didn't predict this scenario to the doofi on the Kenpom thread a couple weeks back. Liars > Damned Liars > Statistics.

Advanced metrics shows there's a 64% chance that ken pom will smite you for mocking him and his math like this.

If I had the energy, I'd go create a Doofi parody and respond to this post with "Men lie. Women lie. Numbers don't."

Bz has sucked even that little bit of enthusiasm out of me this evening.

If I had the energy, I'd go create a Doofi parody and respond to this post with "Men lie. Women lie. Numbers don't."

Bz has sucked even that little bit of enthusiasm out of me this evening.

It would make me happier if you were referencing the Yo Gotti song and not the Jay-Z line

You want rock bottom? You ain't seen nothing yet. Give it a week.

One game does not determine the season. We will fall back to 150ish. You were saying we would finish around 200 this year. No way that happens.

One game does not determine the season. We will fall back to 150ish. You were saying we would finish around 200 this year. No way that happens.
150, 200? What's the difference? We still suck. You don't get any award for finishing #150.

Not what I was referring to, though we are about to lose a shit load of games by big margins, so it's not unreasonably to believe we could fall back to 200.
The statistics for any bad team are going to significantly improve when they win 4 of 5. Ken Pom isn't predicting how we're going to play in the future, it's just interpreting how we're playing right now.
With this provided context, I do think that our team is playing much better now then it was earlier this season. Without the pessimism that Bzz has tethered me with, I would traditionally believe that our team was genuinely trending upwards. The last two seasons have shown us all how easily we can get blown out by terrible teams, completely randomly, and that's why it's difficult for me to label our current trend as general improvement. What are we to make of the team if we lose to Boston College by 20? I'd rather just remain skeptical instead of prematurely marking us down for 5 or 6 more ACC wins.

The specific team isn't the fucking point. Clemson, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech. Whatever. We're playing well right now, but it's still foolhardy to forget the very recent past and suddenly believe that we're a capable team. My faith doesn't come that cheap.

Last edited:
I'm saying that we will not finish the year anywhere around 200. I understood your point originally.

Back