• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Have you ever fired a gun?

pew pew pew

• Total voters
Do not own a firearm and don’t want to, but I have fired everything from .22, .30-06, AR-15, Uzi, Desert Eagle, Baretti competition shotguns, even a .50 machine gun

Was going to answer “no” but forgot that I actually have been skeet shooting twice.

Shot .22 rifles at Boy Scout camp when I was a kid. Randomly got a 12 gauge shotgun for Christmas when I was around 16 or so and used it to hunt dove back home in eastern NC through college. I still have the shotgun but it hasn't been fired in at least 25 years. I think I've probably held a handgun at some point(s) in my life, but I honestly don't remember. I don't recall ever firing a handgun and don't really have any desire to do so.

Benelli or Baretta?
Benelli, it was a sweet over-under that my acquaintance had received as a trophy for winning the Kansas State clay shooting championship. Was covered with beautiful engravings. My friend said it was valued at like 15k, but he obv didn’t care much about the value because he was letting me use it at the clay shooting range.

Yes. Grew up hunting/shooting, did the military thing. Haven't fired a weapon in 7-8 years at this point - going to war, growing up, and starting a family has greatly changed my perspective on them and their place in society. I take them out once a year to wipe down, but that's it. No real desire to shoot things these days.

Benelli, it was a sweet over-under that my acquaintance had received as a trophy for winning the Kansas State clay shooting championship. Was covered with beautiful engravings. My friend said it was valued at like 15k, but he obv didn’t care much about the value because he was letting me use it at the clay shooting range.
I shoot a Benelli. They are v good shotguns.

Yeah I’ve fired all sorts of things, weirdest being a gangster style tommy gun. Guns can be cool as hell. Of course so can fentanyl and driving 150 mph, so that shouldn’t be an argument for guns’ omnipresence in society.

It's a message board for a school in NC, populated mostly by men. Of course most have shot a gun.

Not as many dems on these boards as expected
I know this is a joke comment, but plenty of Dems are gun owners. They just believe that there can be reasonable restrictions to save lives and don't make guns their entire freaking identity.

I know this is a joke comment, but plenty of Dems are gun owners. They just believe that there can be reasonable restrictions to save lives and don't make guns their entire freaking identity.
If it's any consolation, most/all of my friends who used to have "guns" as their main hobby/identity have all moved away from that and are now either into (A) training in private militias and paramilitary groups, or (B) full-blown conspiracy theorists.

So...yay! No more people who are just "gun nuts!"

The place I shoot clays rents Benelli’s and the first thing my buddy told me was don’t ever rent one because he did and now he owns a $3500 shotgun.
Cav, no lie, the action on them is smooth like butter. It's like the difference between driving a combustion engine and an electric car.

The place I shoot clays rents Benelli’s and the first thing my buddy told me was don’t ever rent one because he did and now he owns a $3500 shotgun.
That was an awesome trip. Me and my buddy Elliot from College of Charleston were working construction in Kansas City for the summer and living with the owner of the company and his family. We get invited on this trip to Lawrence to visit the campus and shoot clays. We don’t have a gun, so we go to Walmart or some sporting goods store a week ahead of the trip and buy the cheapest shotgun they have. We go on this trip and visit the campus, then go to this clay target range out in the middle of nowhere Kansas and it’s incredible. They give you a 4wheeler and you just follow the path from one setup to the next like a golf course, every spot is setup and framed differently. I’m shooting like shit, and our buddy that’s guiding us pulls out this sick shotgun from the back of his 4wheeler and let’s me use that instead and it made my shooting much more competitive.

If it's any consolation, most/all of my friends who used to have "guns" as their main hobby/identity have all moved away from that and are now either into (A) training in private militias and paramilitary groups, or (B) full-blown conspiracy theorists.

So...yay! No more people who are just "gun nuts!"
.... are they still your friends?

I was raised to be a hunter and shot plenty of guns between the ages of 12-17. I have not shot a gun since because I do not see the point. There are grocery stores and restaurants for a reason.

Back