• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Have you ever fired a gun?

pew pew pew

• Total voters
Also (East Tennessee), we used to have bb gun wars growing up - shooting each other out in the woods. It was supposed to be single pump only, but one time my friend forgot to hit the switch to go from the CO2 cartridge to pump and lodged a bb in the back of my knee. We also would have roman candle wars and shoot fireballs at each other.

Gun safety may or may not have been super high up on the priories of our community.
Our main bb gun war rule was no shots above the waist. And, inevitably, that rule would be broken in the first 5 minutes and a fight would ensue.

I've shot them, but I'm not telling this government spy whether or not I have them or how many. Going to have to try harder than that alphabet boi.

I think a lot of people agree that most american game hunting is far more humane than factory farm meat production. Quotas and seasons for Deer and Turkey at least are based on population management by acreage.
This is how I, a vegetarian non-hunter, have justified my professional work on harvest management of wildlife and fish species. Pound for pound, game meat is way better for the environment and climate than even the most environmentally produced beef, pork, etc.

This is how I, a vegetarian non-hunter, have justified my professional work on harvest management of wildlife and fish species. Pound for pound, game meat is way better for the environment and climate than even the most environmentally produced beef, pork, etc.
Then come eat some of this shitload of deer meat in my freezer.

Does NC have CWD yet?
Yep. Heads from deer were supposed to be turned in last year for inspection. Unfortunately, a large part of the hunters around me are too selfish or lack the common sense not to use bait piles.

I signed up for a learn to hunt class through Georgia DNR but no clue if I’ll get picked.

Yep. Heads from deer were supposed to be turned in last year for inspection. Unfortunately, a large part of the hunters around me are too selfish or lack the common sense not to use bait piles.
You can hunt over bait in NC? That's no great. We don't have CWD in FL yet but it showed up in Alabama in 2020.

You can hunt over bait in NC? That's no great. We don't have CWD in FL yet but it showed up in Alabama in 2020.
Yep. Lots of people use corn feeders or bait piles. I believe it is "not recommended" but I don't think it is illegal yet.

Anybody ever seen an elk in NC? Pretty cool that there are 150-200 in the smokies after successful reintroduction in the early '00s, but I've only seen them out west. One of my favorite animals on earth, and one of the tastiest too.

Whoa - there are over 13,000 in Kentucky.

Back