• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Heel fan/friend says Wake will be left out in cold with more conf realignment

guitardeac

Reaction score
Guys, give me ammunition. I have to come back at this guy. I have several reasons in my mind why this won't happen, but help me out here. Whatever conference ends up with UNC, gets to also end up with the stink of that dirty scandalous program. But help me out. Give me ammo to slam his ass. He is actually the biggest Hole fan there is - Chairman of the Rams Club (or maybe his term just ended). And he is a great friend of mine, but he is so unrealistic when it comes to anything UNC. Which is typical and why I hate UNC even though my entire family went there except me. Guys, help me out.

Wake is fine as long as the ACC is around. Which UNC is very much invested in maintaining because they will never be in another situation where they have as much power within the conference. So your friend is an idiot.

stink of that dirty scandalous program

you answered your own question. how many major schools were put on probation by their accrediting program? how many schools admit they had fake classes and their defense is "more than just athletes benefited so the ncaa does not have jurisdiction." fair enough unc. lets take away every diploma of every "gradate" that benefited. that will be a sobering penalty.

Conferences are likely to top out expansion at 16 teams. The ACC has 14 for football and 15 for basketball. They're not going to kick anyone out in the pursuit of 16.

Founding member of ACC. Ain't gonna happen. On the other hand, a school convicted of the biggest cheating scandal in history probably could be let go.

Ask him if it's a good idea that we're helping App State along with their football program so they can replace us with them in 15 years.

haha
When UNC is on a 4 or 5 season post season ban for football and basketball (I can dream right?) then no one will want to go there and they'll suck. It will be hard to recover from that, especially since Roy will be gone and no big name wants to step into that mess. Another basketball team in the ACC will pick up the slack and become the foil to Duke. UNC fan support when their team is down is truly awful and they'll be like rats on a sinking ship. When/If conference realignment comes, UNC is going to the big south because no one wants the baggage of a school that sucks at everything and has no fan support and no big name coaches to draw talent

This is dumb. No one is going to kick Wake out of the ACC. If there is a danger to Wake it is the dissolution of the NCAA and in turn the dissolution of all conferences. I don't think that is financially beneficial to any schools and so I don't see a scenario where that happens. The ACC, SEC, and Big 10 are the power players in college athletics. None of those three are going anywhere, and therefore neither is Wake. The fact that your UNC friend does not understand this is not surprising.

Here's his first email:

"with ACC expansion Wake is probably(maybe BC) the most irrelevant program in the ACC. My prediction is, within 10 years, Wake & App will be in the same conf. along with ECU & UNCC.

I know, I know you deacies will bring up Afam & probation. Doesn't matter! UNC is without a doubt the crown jewel in the ACC, and you can ask the SEC & Big 10. I know for a fact both conferences would love to have us & would be the no1 choice of both.

It's coming guys, Deakies will need to take off their black & gold glasses, this will eventually happen as Wake & App will be playing as conference rivals in all sports sooner than later."

He goes on in a later email to think that he makes a point by asking "Seriously, who considers Wake their rival?"

I could see it happening if everything gets consolidated into 4 power conferences of 16 teams, there is already 65 power five teams. It all boils down to market size your school is playing in and wake doesn't even own the small market where they play. Nobody will give a shit that wake is a founding member of the ACC when the "ACC" really isn't a thing anymore.

We would beat UNC in football this year. In a few years, we will again be an upper third of the conference basketball team. I would venture to say, without checking, that our average standing in every single other sport we compete in would come out to be top 5 in the ACC, if not higher than that. I know sports like soccer, tennis, field hockey don't move the needle financially, but they also don't count for nothing. We also aren't responsible for the biggest academic scandal in college sports history, or (for the most part) a fanbase comprised of arrogant sacks of shit like your friend.

Here's his first email:

"with ACC expansion Wake is probably(maybe BC) the most irrelevant program in the ACC. My prediction is, within 10 years, Wake & App will be in the same conf. along with ECU & UNCC.

I know, I know you deacies will bring up Afam & probation. Doesn't matter! UNC is without a doubt the crown jewel in the ACC, and you can ask the SEC & Big 10. I know for a fact both conferences would love to have us & would be the no1 choice of both.

It's coming guys, Deakies will need to take off their black & gold glasses, this will eventually happen as Wake & App will be playing as conference rivals in all sports sooner than later."

He goes on in a later email to think that he makes a point by asking "Seriously, who considers Wake their rival?"

If this idiot seriously believes that UNC is the crown jewel of the ACC, one of two things is going on: (1) he doesn't know the meaning of "crown jewel," or (2) his head is so far up his ass he has to use his navel for a porthole.

Here's his first email:

So your friend is an idiot.

Brasky nailed it.

Yes, I'm sure the SEC would definitely take UNC first from a selection of ACC schools. It definitely wouldn't be FSU or Clemson.

Yes, I'm sure the SEC would definitely take UNC first from a selection of ACC schools. It definitely wouldn't be FSU or Clemson.

Don't be so sure about that. The SEC already has teams in Florida and South Carolina.

Back