• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Heel fan/friend says Wake will be left out in cold with more conf realignment

Wanna watch his head explode? Tell him the reality is neither the ACC nor the NCAA needs UNC. If the NCAA had any balls, they would give UNC a five year death penalty for all their cheating. Say that their cheating scandal wasn't the biggest in NCAA history, it was bigger than all the others combined.

In Year One, people would lament no UNC. In Year Two, the players who would have gone to UNC will start looking elsewhere. By Year Three, other teams will be strong. By Year Four, the nation will be saying, "Too bad for UNC, but they got what they deserved."

Have some fun with him.

There is a much more real chance that UNC loses it's accreditation for the most egregious case of academic fraud ever seen before Wake gets left out. That's really all you need to say.

I'd say UVa is the top target for the Big 10 - a public Ivy with great non-revenue sports, a natural rival for the Terps. The 'Cuse might even be ahead of UNC in terms of preference.

Here's his first email:

"with ACC expansion Wake is probably(maybe BC) the most irrelevant program in the ACC. My prediction is, within 10 years, Wake & App will be in the same conf. along with ECU & UNCC.

I know, I know you deacies will bring up Afam & probation. Doesn't matter! UNC is without a doubt the crown jewel in the ACC, and you can ask the SEC & Big 10. I know for a fact both conferences would love to have us & would be the no1 choice of both.

It's coming guys, Deakies will need to take off their black & gold glasses, this will eventually happen as Wake & App will be playing as conference rivals in all sports sooner than later."

He goes on in a later email to think that he makes a point by asking "Seriously, who considers Wake their rival?"

Good god, why would you ever hang out with this person voluntarily?

There is a much more real chance that UNC loses it's accreditation for the most egregious case of academic fraud ever seen before Wake gets left out. That's really all you need to say.

Their full accreditation was restored over a year ago.

Here's his first email:

"with ACC expansion Wake is probably(maybe BC) the most irrelevant program in the ACC. My prediction is, within 10 years, Wake & App will be in the same conf. along with ECU & UNCC.

I know, I know you deacies will bring up Afam & probation. Doesn't matter! UNC is without a doubt the crown jewel in the ACC, and you can ask the SEC & Big 10. I know for a fact both conferences would love to have us & would be the no1 choice of both.

It's coming guys, Deakies will need to take off their black & gold glasses, this will eventually happen as Wake & App will be playing as conference rivals in all sports sooner than later."

He goes on in a later email to think that he makes a point by asking "Seriously, who considers Wake their rival?"

The appropriate response to this is
" Suck my dick, asshole"

We would beat UNC in football this year. In a few years, we will again be an upper third of the conference basketball team. I would venture to say, without checking, that our average standing in every single other sport we compete in would come out to be top 5 in the ACC, if not higher than that. I know sports like soccer, tennis, field hockey don't move the needle financially, but they also don't count for nothing. We also aren't responsible for the biggest academic scandal in college sports history, or (for the most part) a fanbase comprised of arrogant sacks of shit like your friend.

I think Wake was #11 nationally in the Director's Cup standings this year and we are trending upwards in our revenue sports. Add in our academic reputation and relatively clean compliance record, and we aren't getting kicked out of the conference.

Congratulate him for making it through his term before unc-ch gets put on probation.

The best way to assure our school with no unique market and small fanbase remains at the top level of collegiate sports is to do whatever we can legitimately to excel at the two revenue sports, and to treat them as the critical pieces of the university's stature that they are.

I think Wake was #11 nationally in the Director's Cup standings this year and we are trending upwards in our revenue sports. Add in our academic reputation and relatively clean compliance record, and we aren't getting kicked out of the conference.

Congratulate him for making it through his term before unc-ch gets put on probation.

For accuracy purposes, it was the Capital One Cup - #11 in men's sports.

Their full accreditation was restored over a year ago.

I know. I was making a comparison that the likelihood of WF getting left out of expansion is less likely than UNC ever losing accreditation. You interpreted what I was saying one step further than what I intended.

Last edited:
I could see it happening if everything gets consolidated into 4 power conferences of 16 teams, there is already 65 power five teams. It all boils down to market size your school is playing in and wake doesn't even own the small market where they play. Nobody will give a shit that wake is a founding member of the ACC when the "ACC" really isn't a thing anymore.

FWIW, if there ever is a consolidation to 4 power conferences, and a current "Power V" school gets left out to make it 64 (none of which will happen), Baylor leads by miles as the school that will be kicked to the curb, that athletic program is a complete disaster right now, and will not get well any time soon.

Back