• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Highest median household income ever ($59,039) in 2016

It's nice jhmd has optimism for the US population, when all indications point to a large segment of people being really fucking dumb. Is that the one area where jhmd leads the charge for the PC brigade. Somewhere along the line something shifted, most likely during equal rights, that equality meant equality of everything, when in reality there is a stratification of intelligence as with anything else.

I would be willing to bet that the majority of board liberals are not married and do not have children. Some do, of course, but I'd bet the majority do not. To date those people have never had to accept any such personal responsibility in their lives, but they rebut jhmd's posts like they knew all about it.

well sure, you don't have to personally had an experience or observed a phenomenon directly to be able to study the subject matter and articulate the salient dynamics. if a person has really focused on and taken to heart the interconnected puzzle pieces each humanity subject provides, it's not hard to engage in intelligent discourse about socio-economic-political dynamics without having lived through it.

Most board conservatives have never truly been seriously poor or sick or exposed to extreme violence for any meaningful length of time, but they still talk about it's causes, symptoms, and solutions as though they've walked that road and studied it in academia when usually they've done none of the above.

We interrupt yet another hysterical lefty circle toss to point out that I believe they are capable of more, and you guys insist we must provide millions of people with their basic needs.
If I were you, I would work hard to obfuscate the bigotry behind your low expectations. Ugly stuff.
Oh you believe "they are capable of more", well la di fuckin da. Let's go check with Duke energy and see if they take condescension as payment.

Those lazy screw-ups only seem to be good for bussing your tables, delivering your pizza, dying in your stupid fucking wars, and voting to keep your taxes low. But when they need healthcare or help with the groceries? Fuck em, they should have made better choices.

Are you really arguing that we need to set policy based on making sure middle aged pizza delivery drivers and restaurant bussers (note I had both those jobs.... from ages 16-21) are taken care of? Maybe if they learn in 3rd grade they won't be they'll get to practicing their damn multiplication tables.

Last edited:
I do believe the government should ensure that it's citizens most basic needs are met. I didn't realize that was controversial

Did they have Article One, Section Eight at your school? That job is too important to trust it to the government.

Are you really arguing that we need to set policy based on making sure middle aged pizza delivery drivers and restaurant bussers (note I had both those jobs.... from ages 16-21) are taken care of? Maybe if they learn in 3rd grade they won't be they'll get to practicing their damn multiplication tables.
What libertarian fairytale do you imagine where every "responsible" adult has a sufficient income, and the entire service industry is manned by teens living at home? That society doesn't exist, and no tough love bootstraps bullshit legislation is going to create it.

I do believe the government should ensure that it's citizens most basic needs are met. I didn't realize that was controversial

Is there anything required for this? Just be alive?

I don't think this country was founded with those ideas in mind at all.

Is there anything required for this? Just be alive?

I don't think this country was founded with those ideas in mind at all.

So what? Why should we be governed by the reality of 1776 instead of the current reality?

So what? Why should we be governed by the reality of 1776 instead of the current reality?

The constitution. Seems like the country fared pretty well with it.

Is it time to write a new one?

That's true. Do you favor a new constitution?

I think it's fine to be guided by the general principles but do not find a lot of wisdom in attempting to discern the literal intent of people writing in the mid-to-late 18th century and apply it to life in 2017.

That's sorta funny and I'm sure you'll say you were trolling, but I was thinking more about the 50 year old administrative assistant in my office, or the 40 yo women in the cafeteria who work a hard and honest day. A little shit like you calling them screw ups and arguing (and voting) to put downward pressure on government spending on education for their kids and healthcare etc is fucking disgusting. We are a country with the means to collect our money and energy to do that. What exactly is the downside?

I hereby call for a new Constitutional Convention !

No, just sensible interpretation of it and not original intent as a sole basis.

There's no reason to rely on original intent from 1776 unless the desire is to return to 1776.

Back