• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hire FGCU Coach Please

Lavin got the UCLA job for ratting out Harrick paying for more dinners at Monty's than he told Pete Dalis. The recruits who were at that dinner were the Collins twins.

I hate to be the voice of reason, but those are 5 of the 6 most high-profile programs in the country. We, on the other hand, are currently a mid-major.

So the point of my post is that we don't have to worry about one of those programs trying to hire Enfield. As far as I am concerned, other than those 5, Duke, and maybe Arizona and Michigan State, Wake is as good of a job as there is.

There is nothing I dont love about this guy. He would be a great fit for wake. Sadly, I'm guessing all the powers that be saw last night were dreadlocks and tattoos and thought FGCU has bad "culture."

I'm not worried that much about the players, although I am worried that Wellman googles his wife's name, sees that pic with some nipple, and gets nervous. Hopefully he has google safe search ON.

The most depressing part about all this is what you said: He's just another on the list of coaches we wont hire. Instead we're stuck with Buzz. I really hate Wellman.

There is nothing I dont love about this guy. He would be a great fit for wake. Sadly, I'm guessing all the powers that be saw last night were dreadlocks and tattoos and thought FGCU has bad "culture."

Wonder what Wellman thought of this little incident in the last few seconds of the game with FGCU's Sherwood Brown: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab...ters-hands-during-upset-020042366--ncaab.html

Wouldn't be surprised if he thought it was a classless move. Whatever, I thought it was kind of cool. The CBS crew was clearly talking about his performance, and he must have been standing close enough to hear them. Why not go over and introduce yourself and shake their hands?

Barkley just interviewed him. First question was, "Coach, where the hell is FGCU anyway?"

Wellman probably saw the dreads and thought "no culture" from there.

Wonder what Wellman thought of this little incident in the last few seconds of the game with FGCU's Sherwood Brown: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab...ters-hands-during-upset-020042366--ncaab.html

Wouldn't be surprised if he thought it was a classless move. Whatever, I thought it was kind of cool. The CBS crew was clearly talking about his performance, and he must have been standing close enough to hear them. Why not go over and introduce yourself and shake their hands?

Loved that moment. Good for them for just enjoying their brief time in the sun without being unsportsmanlike about it. To me that sort of impromptu story is exactly what March Madness is all about.

I love the idea for an ad comparing him to Bzz

Enfield: Academic All-American at Johns Hopkins; Self Made Millionaire; Married a Super Model; 1 NCAA win in 2 seasons

[Redacted]: Went to a commuter school; Wellman-Made Millionaire; His wife hates him; Hasn't won a NCAA game in 8 seasons (and counting).

Last edited:
A source in the CAA (when VCU was still there) told me Shaka would only leave Richmond for a handful of jobs....and UCLA was very high on that short list.

He's probably not alone in having that job ranked pretty high

I agree with those who believe that Bzz is here for probably more than one season - as sad, sad as that makes me feel. But to fantasize a little bit, although we're not at the beach he might appreciate the fact that we are stronger academically than most big conference schools. Since he went to Hopkins, that's probably really important to him. Bet he gets razzed by his Homewood buddies about working at a school that not too long ago was a Sbarro.

I just feel in my heart that this is what is supposed to happen. Mrs. Enfield is supposed to be a Deac.

I just feel in my heart that this is what is supposed to happen. Mrs. Enfield is supposed to be a Deac.

I feel the same way. Maybe it is my despair regarding Wake basketball, maybe it is Mrs. Enfield, maybe it is the 12 beers I had while watching the game last night...whatever the case, it is destiny.

It is my heart and all of me. I want her to be ours. I want to see her sitting in the stands. I want to see her hawking cars for Don Flow. I want to see her rolling the Quad and walking around campus and just being awesome. I feel like we deserve this, guys. We have dealt with a lot of shit. Our coach DIED. Our other coach is JEFF [Redacted]. God owes us this one. I think it's going to happen. We deserve the joy that Mrs. Enfield will bring us.

I keep thinking about the story of how they met. Imagine getting that phone call.

"Hey Andy, you still driving to Boston next week?"

"Yeah sure. Why?"

"I got a friend going to Boston who needs a ride."

"That's fine. He'll have to chip in for gas."

"OK. She's a supermodel who was on the cover of Maxim a few months ago. She's going to see Oklahoma State play at Boston College. She's a huge OK State hoops fan."

[pause]

"Forget what I said about gas."

He probably used the same strategy I developed in high school in the event I ever met Covergirl Nikki Taylor. I would act like I didn't know she was a supermodel and just talk about how smart she was and how much I appreciated her for her MIND and who she was as a PERSON instead of because she is an angel descended from the lap of Jesus himself. That's probs what Enfield did, because I feel like he and I are a lot of like and would probably be friends and hang out in real life and me and Mrs. Enfield would be friends too and sit on my screened-in porch and have drinks and talk about things. I really think we need to hire him. I'm serious, y'all.

Hadn't thought about Nikki Taylor in years. She was definitely one of my favorites back in the day.

Say Hey, you do realize the future Mrs. Enfield probably went nuts when Jason Skaer banked that 3.

Last edited:
Back