• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Americans Feel About Religious Groups

... and that caused her to fabricate a story about her earlier experiences? She doesn't indicate she knew what was out there, but that someone was out there. No blank slate. But yeah, Travolta would have defined the thing she perceived differently.
Most certainly "blank slate", she had to learn what God was before she could label whatever ethereal prescence it was that she felt. It could have been a dog, did she know about dogs when she made that statement?

Based solely on this thread I am moving atheist to the bottom of my personal "religious beliefs" thermometer, because it apparently bugs the crap out of them to be on a religious beliefs thermometer.

Those myths have been debunked here previously.

I thought this had all been previously clarified.

Umm no. It was sidestepped by you guys, the militaristic atheist fringe.

The ideology of atheism paved the way for hundreds of millions of people to die in the name of progress and for the greater cause.

Does the second half of that last sentence sound familiar?

Umm no. It was sidestepped by you guys, the militaristic atheist fringe.

The ideology of atheism paved the way for hundreds of millions of people to die in the name of progress and for the greater cause.

Does the second half of that last sentence sound familiar?
I'm still confused as to what the "ideology" of atheism is.

Based solely on this thread I am moving atheist to the bottom of my personal "religious beliefs" thermometer, because it apparently bugs the crap out of them to be on a religious beliefs thermometer.

"Old white guys who learned to use the internet" were already pretty low on my posting demographics thermometer, so I have nowhere to move your group.

"Old white guys who learned to use the internet" were already pretty low on my posting demographics thermometer, so I have nowhere to move your group.

My children whould be really amused that you think I qualify for the "Old white guys who learned to use the internet" grouping.

My children whould be really amused that you think I qualify for the "Old white guys who learned to use the internet" grouping.

"Young enough to use the internet but old enough to use Internet Explorer as his browser"

God is a place you will wait for the rest of your life

braskey did his standard bullshit and run posting.

the word athiesm does not appear one time in any of those three links

braskey did his standard bullshit and run posting.

well atheism was in 2 of the 3 links

i can't speak much for the USSR one, #seemslegit, but the falun gong and great leap forward links are BS revisionism

the oppression and killings there were 100% politically motivated

Taxi driver
Be my shrink for the hour
Leave the meter running
It's rush hour
So take the streets if you wanna
Just outrun the demons could you?
He said Allah Akhbar
I told him don't curse please
Boboh you need prayer
I guess it couldn't hurt me
If it brings me to my knees
It's a bad religion
This unrequited love
To me it's nothing but a one man cult
And cyanide in my styrofoam cup
I could never make him love me

Totally agree.

The offended atheists may want to look in the mirror, and consider that they are some of the angriest, most judgmental, preachiest, and shrill people that people meet. They often embody everything they say they hate about evangelicals. Then they blame others for their perception.

Kudos to you, good man...94deac is a wonderful caricature of this type of angry ignorance. :)

Back