• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How old are Pit posters?

What's your age

• <20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-30

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • 31-40

Votes: 48 42.9%
  • 41-50

Votes: 38 33.9%
  • 51-60

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • 61-70

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • >70

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
I posted that I had been waitlisted and that it was "gay". Maybe I said "effing gay". One of the mods (maybe Chrispy, was he a mod, is he/are you here?!) PM'd me suggesting I take it down and saying that admissions read the old boards, but it was too late. Ended up talking to the witch Martha Allman herself at some point and apologized for my immaturity. Had made my peace and was all set to go to Furman, but got in off the waitlist after HS graduation and the rest is history.

ETA: I guess Wake was pretty woke for 2005.
Wasn't Chrispy made a mod of the old boards right before we split?

I remember the issues with Naz-T being hired by Wake as a mod and a last ditch effort to name some new blood to save the old boards. I was thinking he was named around that time, but I could easily be misremembering.

Lurked for maybe a year in 2004-2005 and starting posting after the wvu loss. I’ll turn 39 in December.

I don't remember when I started posting, but it was back on the Scout boards. Sometime around the mid-2000s? I posted a lot on Scout, but really only on hoops. Wasn't overly active when the switch was made to OGBoards... Pretty sure I had a demanding job, was courting my wife, and out there living life in my early 30s.

My dad was a moderator on the old AOL boards back in the mid-to-late 90s, which is hilarious because he had zero interest in Wake Forest Basketball until I started school there in the fall of 1996. He's a Penn State / Maryland guy. I would bet he couldn't name a single Wake Forest basketball player since Tim Duncan.

That 9-11 thread and the Prosser threads were touchstones.

Lots of fun reading John the Not a Babtist interview Wellman.

Boards contacts have helped me -- find houses, jobs, doctors, lawyers.

Started on the Scout boards freshman year in fall 1999. Heard about it from one of the Sportsline hosts. Same handle since then. Lots of lurking nowadays.

Don’t recall how I found the boards but it would have been 04 or 05. Man that’s a long time.

Wasn't Chrispy made a mod of the old boards right before we split?

I remember the issues with Naz-T being hired by Wake as a mod and a last ditch effort to name some new blood to save the old boards. I was thinking he was named around that time, but I could easily be misremembering.

Naz was a mod prior to getting his job at Wake. It was after that people got on him about conflict of interest type stuff.

I was accepted to Wake at the end of February '95. Wake was my top choice, with the basketball program being a big reason why I preferred Wake to my other options like Vandy, Emory, and Northwestern. It was at that time I found Wake boards. It could have been AOL. That is where I first learned of the scoreboard game and India Early. I was on all the other boards that have been mentioned. There was one where you entered your name whenever you posted, so I was just choosing something different almost every time.

The 1995 ACC tournament was my first experience as a Wake Forest basketball fan. I am not going to lie, I took it for granted. Then we won again in 1996. I did not attend that ACC tournament, but I cannot remember why. I went to the NCAA tournament games. After '96 I went to every ACC Tournament for the next 6 years in a row. Bad timing. Even through the redacted and Manning years I have watched every ACC tournament game we have played by scheduling around work and vacations. Will I ever learn?

So it was AOL to RanchoDeNada to accboards.com to Scout before the "Winter. It's Coming" protest board was established?

Need to ensure I have the timeline correct here.

Back