• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How YouTube and Internet Journalism Destroyed Tom Cruise, Our Last Real Movie Star

Why are you laughing? I find Clooney's movies much more interesting. I thought Captain Phillips was one of the more overrated movies of the past few years.

As to Clooney versus Cruise, that's a joke.

BTW, I never said Hanks wasn't in the top tier. I only said Clooney was.

Why are you laughing? I find Clooney's movies much more interesting. I thought Captain Phillips was one of the more overrated movies of the past few years.

As to Clooney versus Cruise, that's a joke.

BTW, I never said Hanks wasn't in the top tier. I only said Clooney was.

It's not which movie is more interesting, it's which movie will make more money. No way would Clooney's make more money

Put Clooney in Capt. Phillips and Hanks in Gravity. The latter would do way better than it did in the box office and Phillips would do worse.

tumblr_lxo8brCgEh1ql41ypo1_500.gif

Put Clooney in Capt. Phillips and Hanks in Gravity. The latter would do way better than it did in the box office and Phillips would do worse.

I fucking hate Tom Hanks. He hasn't done anything worthwhile since Bosom Buddies and I would not have gone to see Gravity if he was in it.

meh, this is like arguing over which car is better. some people are going to go with which they think looks cooler and some people are going to look at the vehicle's stats.

george clooney is a cool guy and has done some cool movies, but I just don't think he's as big a deal

Using the same logic, why not put Mike Meyers in Gravity as his films make more per release than either of them.

Clooney was the absolutely perfect pick for Gravity. Although there isn't much difference in age between Clooney and Hanks, Clooney appears a lot younger. An 60ish astronaut our spacewalking is not as believable. There also wouldn't have been the obvious chemistry with Sandra Bullock.

So, no Hanks would not have done better in that movie.

Using the same logic, why not put Mike Meyers in Gravity as his films make more per release than either of them.

Clooney was the absolutely perfect pick for Gravity. Although there isn't much difference in age between Clooney and Hanks, Clooney appears a lot younger. An 60ish astronaut our spacewalking is not as believable. There also wouldn't have been the obvious chemistry with Sandra Bullock.

Not terribly convincing rj.

I didn't say better...but I think Hanks is a bigger draw on average than Clooney. Most of Hanks' films are bigger productions, but as someone said, Clooney also does the smaller things he enjoys making.

I don't think it would have made a positive difference. The chemistry between Clooney and Bullock was a key part of the film. Hanks would not have been as believable as a player as Clooney was.

It would not have worked as well. If it's not as good, less people buy tickets.

Similarly, Clooney would not have been as good as Hanks in the movie where Hanks lived in the airport. Clooney couldn't have been as good an everyman.

Yeah, Tom Hanks is just totally unbelievable as an astronaut.

apollo13_1850521i.jpg

Back