• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

Late Night with Roy is tonight. Ain't no way this is gonna be too bad, right?

Released where?

I think NCAA will release it and then UNC has a press conference later on in the day to discuss whatever they have been handed. My understanding is that UNC doesn't really know the punishment details until everyone else does but that may be #fakenews.

What do people expect from this? I honestly have no idea. Don't even know what's "good" or "bad" as a punishment here. I guess keeping the basketball banners is all they care about.

Football two year postseason ban
Basketball one year postseason ban
Scholarship losses
Women's basketball hammered

Is this a "bad" punishment? How will we know if we can celebrate?

Football is already giving itself a postseason ban this year. I'd like to see at least a 2 year postseason ban for basketball.

What do people expect from this? I honestly have no idea. Don't even know what's "good" or "bad" as a punishment here. I guess keeping the basketball banners is all they care about.

Football two year postseason ban
Basketball one year postseason ban
Scholarship losses
Women's basketball hammered

Is this a "bad" punishment? How will we know if we can celebrate?

Death penalty is perfect scenario but not happening.

I'd be VERY happy if the 05 and 09 banners were taken down and they have a 3 year postseason ban in hoops. That's my perfect "next best" scenario. I personally don't care about Football or any of the other sports. Their basketball team can die tho

I'd be VERY happy if the 05 and 09 banners were taken down and they have a 3 year postseason ban in hoops. That's my perfect "next best" scenario. I personally don't care about Football or any of the other sports. Their basketball team can die tho

+1

Other schools have gotten the Death Penalty for much much less. Then again, every death penalty so far has been given for much less.

Hopefully you have a moderately happy scenario that is a lot more realistic...

If they don't lose at least the 2005 NC, it's also a joke. A key player ADMITTED on national TV that he was eligible. He described in detail how it happened. The person he said did his work for him corroborated his story on 60 Minutes and to the feds to get whistleblower status.

They don't just have a smoking gun. They have pictures of them buying the gun, loading the gun, shooting the gun and standing over the victim.

The person who did the work for McCants was a paid employee of UNC.

If 2005 isn't taken away, the NCAA should shut their doors and admit to being a scam.

Last edited:
Back