• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I see light, and it's not a train

For the record, I have no intention of giving doofus a swirlie for free.

But if the money is right.... :thumbsup:

Anyone who watched big E as a freshman saw a player who could only dunk the ball, was not mobile at all and tended to take plays off frequently, to the point of Skip removing him from games, they also saw someone with tremendous potential that with hard work could be a fine player. big E put that work in and showed tremendous strides over his career.

Frankly, admitting that devin is out of position, he is better right now than Big E was as a freshman, has more skills, plays hard all the time and has a strong motor, with work he can become a force for us at center of PF, Like a taller Lonnie Baxter at pivot, and Maryland did pretty well with him as their pivot player.

Lonnie Baxter's body looked a lot more like Williams than like Thomas.

DV7 is a big dude? That was never my mental picture.

I know, right! Soccer player/fan almost always = short, spiky hair, smiles too much, very likely to shave legs and chest for unknown reasons.

DV7 is the exact opposite of that. Except I think he smiles a lot.

I figured him for about 5'9", 150lbs., the short brushed hair, smirky smile... basically numbers and doofus on steroids. Who knew? Maybe I'll see him at a tailgate and make a visual connection.

The last three posts are exactly the image I had of DV7 before the reveal yourself thread. With a skater haircut for some reason.

Remember when turftoe permanently banned DV7? Lulz. GOOD TIMES

ETA: 'Twasn't turftoe! 'Twas DeacMan!

ETA: 'Twasn't turftoe! 'Twas DeacMan![/QUOTE

Indeed it was. The classic war. "Adopt-a-Dad." Then the DV7 rant about someday having a child, "from my body," or something to that effect.

And the bet, and the pennies.

This was all about fucking soccer. Sweet Jesus!

Last edited:
I figured him for about 5'9", 150lbs., the short brushed hair, smirky smile... basically numbers and doofus on steroids. Who knew? Maybe I'll see him at a tailgate and make a visual connection.

Wait, numbers and doofus are sub-150#?

In the words so David Allen Coe "got runned over by a damned old train"

Lonnie Baxter's body looked a lot more like Williams than like Thomas.

Lonnie "my jersey's to small for me" Baxter was a beast. Still think they should have won back to back Natty's 01-02. That lost 20 point lead over Duke should never have happened.

ETA: 'Twasn't turftoe! 'Twas DeacMan![/QUOTE

Indeed it was. The classic war. "Adopt-a-Dad." Then the DV7 rant about someday having a child, "from my body," or something to that effect.

And the bet, and the pennies.

This was all about fucking soccer. Sweet Jesus!

Completely forgot about that. Great stuff.

Back