• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If you could be anyone alive today-who would it be?

wouldn't mind being a ricky barnes type golfer. play golf every day, make gobs of money, and maybe 1% of america would recognize you out on the town. plus those dudes all nail hot women.

/obligatory/ wouldn't trade my life for anything /obligatory/

My criteria

1) Someone that is still really young so that I would have lots of years to enjoy myself and it wouldn't be considered weird that I was plowing through a bunch of 18-22 yr olds.

2) Someone that is extremely talented in one of the major sports or entertainment

3) Someone smart enough to make a career as an announcer (or marketer, etc) after retirement.

The person that fulfills all that off the top of my head is Andrew Luck, but I am sure there is probably a better choice that I'm not thinking of. One of the young golfers or MLB prospects maybe.

I'd be perfectly content to be myself + lots of money. I have no desire to be famous, just really wealthy.

I'd want to be someone young, famous, rich, good-looking, and talented. The following people come to mind (in no particular order):

1. Justin Timberlake
2. Chase Utley
3. John Mayer*
4. Leo Dicaprio
5. Usher
6. Bradley Cooper
7. Christian Bale

*Yeah, he's a complete douche, but you can't deny the fact that he has talent and chicks throw themselves at him, famous ones included.

Edited to add: I like bmoney's idea of being an up and coming golfer. That has to be the life.

How can you guys not want any tiger blood?!? Clearly you're not WINNING!

Tom Brady seems to have it made. Good looks, supermodel wife, plays a game for a living.

Except that you'd be Tom Brady and you'd be playing for the Patriots...

Adam Scott...handsome, rich, good at his craft and not so famous that it's a burden.

These all seem like a lot of work.

I don't want to play 16 NFL games.
I don't want to be part of 162 MLB games
Golfing 18 holes Thursday through Sunday sounds exhausting.
Fame is fleeting in the arts and entertainment.

Minor royalty is the way to go.

CP3 wouldn't be a bad choice actually.

as has been said, obligatory "me!"

other answer: Chrissy Wellington (best female triathlete in the world but also an amazing humanitarian/world traveler) or Jennifer Garner. JG just looks like she has fun, isn't too serious, isn't crazy, and she was in band/kind of a dork growing up.

I'd like to be the guy who's about to make bank on some incredible idea we haven't even thought of yet, particularly if he's at least somewhat good looking and personable. The next Richard Branson or something like that.

I say that because I think I'd enjoy the process of actually getting incredibly wealthy, not just all of a sudden being so wealthy. I'd appreciate it more, plus I'd then have the ability to do whatever fun stuff I felt like doing.

That being said. I'm pretty damn happy as is.

These all seem like a lot of work.

I don't want to play 16 NFL games.
I don't want to be part of 162 MLB games
Golfing 18 holes Thursday through Sunday sounds exhausting.
Fame is fleeting in the arts and entertainment.

Minor royalty is the way to go.

Good points, except fame is only fleeting if you're untalented. You could totally see someone like Dicaprio turning into an American version of Connery in 30 years. Or Justin Timberlake turning into Sting.

nerd answer, but Chief Justice John Roberts. Seems like a nice guy, people generally like him, he can basically go wherever he wants to in DC (and for that matter, the nation), and he's insured a nice existence for the rest of his life.

Some of you are not adequately factoring in the "bone tons of hot chicks with no consequences" factor. Married dudes and supreme court justices? Really?

Slavoj Zizek.

All the yay a mortal human could want, a supermodel girlfriend, a brilliant mind for psychoanalysis and philosophy, a shitload of money, the balls to not give a fuck what anyone says, and a badass beard.

Back