• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If you could be anyone alive today-who would it be?

Some of you are not adequately factoring in the "bone tons of hot chicks with no consequences" factor. Married dudes and supreme court justices? Really?

Meh, I'm cool with monogamy. Presumably I'd have a wife.

Seems like people here are generally attracted to people with 1) money, 2) power, 3) good looks, 4) zero needs, or 5) big brains. Usually it's a combination of these. I basically took 2, 4, and 5 with the supreme court justice.

nerd answer, but Chief Justice John Roberts. Seems like a nice guy, people generally like him, he can basically go wherever he wants to in DC (and for that matter, the nation), and he's insured a nice existence for the rest of his life.

Doesn't he have health problems? I seem to remember him having a couple of seizures while in office.

I think the key is that you want to be (a) rich enough to do whatever you want and not have to work, (b) good looking enough to be able to bang hot chicks without having to pay for them, but (c) not so famous that you have paparazzi hanging out on your doorstep.

That way you can still go out to eat, go to the movies, etc and basically enjoy your money and freedom without the annoyance of having random people bothering you constantly and having TMZ take unflattering pictures of you sneezing.

Texas, I admit being a SCJ is kinda cool but your other reasons are whack.... go wherever he wants in DC? Bleh.... ensured a nice existence? Cmon brah

So he's got power and brains, don't know that he's crazy rich (especially when we are talking about hypotheticals where we can be anyone). Maybe he's rich from other stuff I don't know about. While he does wield lots of power, I feel like the justices are constrained by lots of rules and checks and can't go way off the reservation when they're feeling it - which is part of the appeal of "power" to me.

But I do respect your choice, these threads are fun for the debate, so to each their own. Except for the dude that said Ellen, that's just stupid.

It's all good Freekn, I said it was a nerd choice. And I only thought about this stuff for about 30 seconds.

But with regards to the "power" of a SCJ, there's a couple things to keep in mind. First, they literally go down in history. Sometimes they're more historically important than presidents (Grover Cleveland? Whodat?). They also tangibly shape the course of the nation over the next 30 or so years.

I'm also pretty sure they're not hurting for money. While federal pay isn't great for them, some of them were previously massive bosses in the private sector and they currently get paid handsomely for speaking engagements and such.

Only downside I can think of is that they work their asses off.

Seems like there are different schools of thoughts on the fame thing.

(1) Want money without fame. Do whatever you want without having to do anything at all.

(2) Want money and some level of fame. Maybe fame is not the driving factor, like if you derive satisfaction from being the best at what you do and the challenge of besting your opponents, and the notiariety that comes with that.

(3) FAME. ME ME ME. REAL HOUSEWIFE. SATAN. Shoot in face.

I think the key is that you want to be (a) rich enough to do whatever you want and not have to work, (b) good looking enough to be able to bang hot chicks without having to pay for them, but (c) not so famous that you have paparazzi hanging out on your doorstep.

That way you can still go out to eat, go to the movies, etc and basically enjoy your money and freedom without the annoyance of having random people bothering you constantly and having TMZ take unflattering pictures of you sneezing.

Sounds like all I need to do is just make a little more scratch.

I would like to be me but just with more money and more famous

so i'd like to be Zac Effron. The broads think I look just like him.

/obligatory/ wouldn't trade my life for anything /obligatory/

My criteria

1) Someone that is still really young so that I would have lots of years to enjoy myself and it wouldn't be considered weird that I was plowing through a bunch of 18-22 yr olds.

2) Someone that is extremely talented in one of the major sports or entertainment

3) Someone smart enough to make a career as an announcer (or marketer, etc) after retirement.

The person that fulfills all that off the top of my head is Andrew Luck, but I am sure there is probably a better choice that I'm not thinking of. One of the young golfers or MLB prospects maybe.

Dude! Tim Tebow, w/o the religion. That guy could have gone through 1,000 girls in his 4 years at UF.

I'd say that's a pretty big downside. Call me a slacker, but if I can be anyone alive in the entire world, I'm not picking someone who works his ass off.

I want to be a dude who can decide, "you know what, today I feel like kayaking the Na Pali Coast in Kauai. I'm going to get on my jet and go do that. And I'm taking a hot, cool chick with me."

I would pick Justin Timberlake

- slays
- rich (still spending N'Sync money)
- talented
- popular
- young
- naturally good looking

It's all good Freekn, I said it was a nerd choice. And I only thought about this stuff for about 30 seconds.

But with regards to the "power" of a SCJ, there's a couple things to keep in mind. First, they literally go down in history. Sometimes they're more historically important than presidents (Grover Cleveland? Whodat?). They also tangibly shape the course of the nation over the next 30 or so years.

I'm also pretty sure they're not hurting for money. While federal pay isn't great for them, some of them were previously massive bosses in the private sector and they currently get paid handsomely for speaking engagements and such.

How dare you.

Back