• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Iraq 3.0

Not since the days of Constantinople...

clap,clap, clap, clap......Fox News is a serious threat to the future of the GOP! Shunning African Americans,Hispanics, other religions (minus Christianity) and now the youth.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...doubles-down-categorically-false-border-claim

Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-Calif.) made a pretty extraordinary claim on Fox News this week, telling a national television audience on Tuesday night that 10 Islamic State militants were caught entering the United States through the Mexican border. The far-right congressman was categorical: Hunter said in no uncertain terms that this has already happened, but “there’s nobody talking about it.”

The California Republican added that he knows this is true “because I’ve asked the Border Patrol.”

Right-wing media outlets were predictably excited by the baseless claims – National Review, citing Hunter’s comments, asked, “Could the administration really successfully cover up something as big as this?” – but there’s a small problem. Neither Hunter nor his allies have any verifiable evidence to bolster the allegations. I mean that quite literally – there’s nothing from Border Patrol, nothing from other members of Congress or relevant committees, nothing from the Mexican government, and nothing from the Department of Homeland Security.

On the contrary, DHS described the claim as “categorically false” and Secretary Jeh Johnson suggested Hunter has no idea what he’s talking about.

And that leaves the far-right congressman with a choice: Hunter can scale back his explosive claims or he can stick to his guns. Take a wild guess which course the Republican prefers.
Hunter spokesman Joe Kasper said the congressman stands by his comments. “A high level source informed the congressman – it was also said that DHS is actively discouraging any talk of IS on the border,” Kasper said.

“The congressman was conveying what he knows – and what he was told,” he said.

I'm sure the voices in his head did tell him that was a fact. Texas...lol

That very libertarian piece has been posted by some of my most liberal and conservative friends on facebook. It's been really surprising to see.

Why does anything in that article strike anyone as new or groundbreaking? There have been numerous voices saying these things for years.

Why does anything in that article strike anyone as new or groundbreaking? There have been numerous voices saying these things for years.

True enough, but those voices are constantly drowned out by the ocean of other voices shouting things like "we have to protect our ally Israel!" and "My job as President is to keep Americans safe" and "OMFG the turrurists are comin over the Mexican border we better bomb those Mooslims before they bomb us!!1!1!" Those who have some level of rational understanding of the actual risk and cost/benefit analysis just keep having to shout from the rooftops and hope someone hears.

a more widely accepted notion that we stop babysitting Israel would be groundbreaking

Back