• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is it time for jhmd to go?

while not particularly excelling at either, district does a better job trying to be the boards resident dickhead than he does the conscience/weenie

I am sure he has some good qualities.

Has anybody ever posted a thread wanting to get rid of another poster and not looked like a huge gaping pussy?

Has anybody ever posted a thread wanting to get rid of another poster and not looked like a huge gaping pussy?

Certainly not today.

We may not always agree, but you're an easy guy to respect.

I was really tempted to, in the true spirit of the tunnels, respond with a "fuck you," but thought better of it.

I just don't get people who get so upset about fairly tame message board posts that they lose their shit.

I mean, I don't really have severe distaste for BKF, Knowell, tintin, TheReff, sailor, or any of the other troglodytes that clog up the boards. RJ annoys the fuck out of me, but I don't get upset by his posts.

It's a fucking message board.

while not particularly excelling at either, district does a better job trying to be the boards resident dickhead than he does the conscience/weenie

The fact that there's one poster that can unhinge him is why we need the jhmd's around. It's performance art

So long as milhouse is around, the "boards dickhead" position is unavailable

This thread is the perfect embodiment of everything wrong with this board and society in general these days. Snowflake gets offended, snowflake proposes to ban offensive behavior. Nevermind that what was said was perfectly reasonable. It came from somebody who isn't in lockstep with the OP, therefore it is beyond the pale.

This thread is the perfect embodiment of everything wrong with this board and society in general these days. Snowflake gets offended, snowflake proposes to ban offensive behavior. Nevermind that what was said was perfectly reasonable. It came from somebody who isn't in lockstep with the OP, therefore it is beyond the pale.

in this case, the snowflakes are the nazis holding a rally about not-white people, right?

in this case, the snowflakes are the nazis holding a rally about not-white people, right?

In this case, I'm talking about the OP, who I seriously doubt is a nazi.

But the nazis are ridiculous, needless to say. Any white male who feels they're getting a bum deal due to their whiteness obviously lacks perspective, to say the least.

I didn't chime in on that Charlottesville stuff and wasn't really following it until it took a turn for the worse, but seems to me that the moment the rally turned into a series of fights was the moment it needed to be shut down. Your rights are only guaranteed to peacefully assemble. A small town police force is not equipped to deal with that. They can't contain it and they probably lack the ability to shut it down.

In this case, I'm talking about the OP, who I seriously doubt is a nazi.

But the nazis are ridiculous, needless to say. Any white male who feels they're getting a bum deal due to their whiteness obviously lacks perspective, to say the least.

I didn't chime in on that Charlottesville stuff and wasn't really following it until it took a turn for the worse, but seems to me that the moment the rally turned into a series of fights was the moment it needed to be shut down. Your rights are only guaranteed to peacefully assemble. A small town police force is not equipped to deal with that. They can't contain it and they probably lack the ability to shut it down.

Well the white supremacists showed up with bats, clubs, shields, and torches. Should have been painfully obvious to anyone with half a brain they were there to fight, not peacefully assemble. The rally should never have been allowed to come close to starting.

With regards to this thread, jhmd needs to stay. He has just about as opposite of a worldview as most people that regularly post on the Tunnels (myself included), but that's what makes the Tunnels interesting, even if it is aggravating to try to hold a decent thread of conversation with him. He's a foil for the RJs of the world and occasionally lucidity breaks through and he makes a valid point. But if jhmd gets banned for being jhmd, say goodbye to RJ as well. They are two sides of the same coin. And I happen to like both of them.

Well the white supremacists showed up with bats, clubs, shields, and torches. Should have been painfully obvious to anyone with half a brain they were there to fight, not peacefully assemble. The rally should never have been allowed to come close to starting.

With regards to this thread, jhmd needs to stay. He has just about as opposite of a worldview as most people that regularly post on the Tunnels (myself included), but that's what makes the Tunnels interesting, even if it is aggravating to try to hold a decent thread of conversation with him. He's a foil for the RJs of the world and occasionally lucidity breaks through and he makes a valid point. But if jhmd gets banned for being jhmd, say goodbye to RJ as well. They are two sides of the same coin. And I happen to like both of them.

Aw man. Ban both of them? No. Don't do that. That would suck.

While I find JHMD's posting style particularly ludicrous and grating given his perceived intelligence, especially since he loves to argue with strawmen, deflections, and red herrings, I agree with you.

It was always clear that JHMD was going to play Devil's Advocate in this case, because even when there are literal Nazi's involved he would rather agitate than condemn.

I don't think that's a bannable offense, despite it being morally reprehensible in my opinion.

JHMD is easily the most lucid poster on the entire damned board. He and his critics on these boards are living proof that you cannot measure the quality of an education by the price of the tuition.

If some of the posters on these boards are any indication of the overall graduates coming out of Wake Forest these days, a lot of parents have been wasting a helluva lot of money for quite some time now.

JHMD is easily the most lucid poster on the entire damned board. He and his critics on these boards are living proof that you cannot measure the quality of an education by the price of the tuition.

If some of the posters on these boards are any indication of the overall graduates coming out of Wake Forest these days, a lot of parents have been wasting a helluva lot of money for quite some time now.

Just so everybody is clear, BKF has several posts that are still available on the boards from a few years back stating that JHMD is one of the worst posters on the board. That's what we are dealing with here folks.

Just so everybody is clear, BKF has several posts that are still available on the boards from a few years back stating that JHMD is one of the worst posters on the board. That's what we are dealing with here folks.

Live and learn. You should try it sometime.

Back