• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is There a Company Worse than Time Warner Cable for Customer Service....

coredeac

Reaction score
After being on hold for an hour and then disconnected, then on hold another 30 minutes only to be told that a technician "might" be to my house
by March 6th, I simply gave up. Called an electrician buddy of mine and my problem was resolved in 90 minutes.

Seriously, if you know of a worse company for customer service it must be one hell of a story.

GO

I've spent 3 hours on the phone with TWC before. They're honestly just awful.

"wfu media relations" is also pretty damn true.

My experience with Comcast has been far worse than TWC. I think the moral of the story is that there is no worse industry for customer service than the cable industry.

A customer service rep at Starpower once said, in response to my inquiry where my service tech was since he was two hours late: "nigga, he be there when he get there.". I was speechless.

Sprint was truly horrendous several years ago. We left as soon as our contract was up so I couldn't tell you if they still are.

TWC is the worst that I have experienced. I get angry even thinking about calling them (which I need to do soon).

I'd rank TWC as by far the worst I've experienced. Really, really horrendous.

i refuse to use TWC anymore. pretty sure it's what dhtoy will want once he moves in though (currently have directv). if he makes me switch, then he's the one that has to make all of the service calls. i will not be held responsible for dealing with them.

i have comcast now, and TWC was worse.

7-9 hr appointment window? show up at 11am and leave a post-it note on the door.

i refuse to use TWC anymore. pretty sure it's what dhtoy will want once he moves in though (currently have directv). if he makes me switch, then he's the one that has to make all of the service calls. i will not be held responsible for dealing with them.

Why would you switch? Why give in to an inferior product?

Actually, AT&T continually ranks dead last in customer service. Most recently, Consumer Reports pegged them as the worst. But I'm sure all the cable carriers are down there.

I once called Comcast to upgrade to Xfinity. The tech came out and after a few hours, he installed a new box on the house then said that they had to upgrade the co-ax out front and that he would open a ticket and return when they ran it. That was 3 years ago. Never received a call, follow-up, visit; nothing. So I called them once several months ago about something and asked the CSR if she could look at my account and let me know what she saw. She said, "Oh, it looks like you wanted to upgrade to Xfinity... 30 months ago?? Is that right?? Has no one gotten back to you??" I chuckled and said "no." Then hung up.

I had TWC for about ten years before switching to U-Verse a few years ago. I've been much happier with U-Verse and the customer service has been okay. The two times I've had a tech out to the house, they've been much more professional than the TWC contract guys. My internet speed with U-Verse is tons better.

Back