• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is There a Company Worse than Time Warner Cable for Customer Service....

i have comcast now, and TWC was worse.

7-9 hr appointment window? show up at 11am and leave a post-it note on the door.

TWC out here gives you a one hour window that you can choose.

TWC out here gives you a one hour window that you can choose.

Anyone can take a reservation. Do they know how to hold the reservation? I've heard that's the important part.

They've shown up here when they said they would. They do need to hire more phone people. The last time I did wait about ten minutes on hold.

They've shown up here when they said they would. They do need to hire more phone people. The last time I did wait about ten minutes on hold.

wtf? 10 minutes? i've been on hold for multiple HOURS with them before.

Trying to set up internet service through TWC for the house we were buying was a huge pain in the ass. If AT&T DSL served my neighborhood, I'd switch in a heartbeat.

On the flip side, DirecTV is the best customer service I've ever experienced. Easy to get a real person on the phone, they pretty much can solve any issue, and always give you something free even for the most minor inconveniences.

My buddy in Palm springs tried to set up Dish. They charged him three times and never showed up for the installation.

Live in DC and have a problem with Comcast? Call up the DC Office of Cable Television. Less than 2 hours after my call, I had a Comcast regional manager on the phone basically begging me to let them fix my problem.

The only issue I have had is with TWC's pre-call policy that if you don't answer they cancel your appointment. What if you just randomly drop a signal, or are on another important call, or are taking a dump? The technician will just cancel and not leave a message or anything; though they will tell you dispatch will get back to you within a half hour or so to try to get the guy back, I finally got a manager to tell me that they will just ignore that request because you already missed on appointment.

Seems like for every person who complains about Time Warner, there is another who complains about Comcast, DirecTV, Dish, U-Verse, etc. It certainly sounds like if you're getting any type of television/internet service, most likely the act of setting it up or having maintenance performed on it is not a fun experience, no matter the service provider.

I will say, the quality of my customer service experience with TWC over the years has hinged almost entirely on the quality of the repairman/installer. I've had a couple of dudes who really went above-and-beyond in terms of trying to fix the problem. I've had other folks come out who seemed to know less about it than me, which is not saying much.

1. Call TWC, spend 10 minutes going through automated menus to find the right extension.
2. Spend 20 minutes on hold, listening to elevator music
3. Spend 5 minutes giving identifying information
4. Spend 5 minutes describing exact problem, get told that you need to be forwarded to another extension
5. Spend 10 minutes on hold, listening to elevator music
6. Spend 5 minutes giving identifying information
7. Spend 10 minutes describing your problem
8. You're told that A. Your problem can't be solved. B. You need to purchase an upgrade to fix this. C. A maintenance man will be out to help you next Wednesday between 8:30am and 1pm

9. Take off work next Wednesday, only to find that the maintanance man called while you were in the bathroom at 2, and canceled your appointment because you didn't answer the phone.

10. Repeat steps 1-9

I will say, the quality of my customer service experience with TWC over the years has hinged almost entirely on the quality of the repairman/installer. I've had a couple of dudes who really went above-and-beyond in terms of trying to fix the problem. I've had other folks come out who seemed to know less about it than me, which is not saying much.

This is very true. If you get a contract worker, they are less than useless and do an absolute crap job. When I have had an actual time Warner employee come out to fix a problem they have been great and usually had to spend extra time fixing the hack job done by the contract worker. Unfortunately you usually have to deal with the miserable phone support for at least an hour before they will send someone out and god help you if you go to the office in person to exchange equipment, it's on up there with the DMV.

This is very true. If you get a contract worker, they are less than useless and do an absolute crap job. When I have had an actual time Warner employee come out to fix a problem they have been great and usually had to spend extra time fixing the hack job done by the contract worker. Unfortunately you usually have to deal with the miserable phone support for at least an hour before they will send someone out and god help you if you go to the office in person to exchange equipment, it's on up there with the DMV.

Yeah, I can agree with this, but I wouldn't wish a call to TWC on my worst enemy. I've probably ended 5 separates call to them by cussing someone out.

My friend lives 2 miles from downtown K-vegas. He's been told by TWC that he lives too far from town to get HD cable.

Also, his internet sucks.

I have had a much better experience with u-verse than TWC. My TWC install date was for a month after I moved in and when it finally came the install guy showed up 6 hours late. I also had to call in several times to get the correct amount billed and then when I canceled the service they charged me for a whole month and then sent a check two months later for the portion of the month that wasn't used (28/30 days iirc).

Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority.

Nothing comes close - not even the cable companies.

TWC once drafted my account for three straight months after I canceled my services. Fuck those guys.

Uverse and directv is a significant upgrade over TWC.

What is the best quality digital TV with DVR service in Winston? I am stuck with Twc bus class for Internet, so that's not an issue, but I need something with the best quality HD, DVR, with 3d, etc. I recently got Twc to change out my boxes to the new Samsung, all are now not working at all, channels go out daily. Most recently, every single channel has started saying "to get access to this channel you must order it by calling etc.." while I already have ESPN, etc. The support people say everything appears fine from what they see. They send someone out, change boxes, next day it's fucked up again. I hate this fucking company.

Of course I tried direct TV, but the signal didn't work bc of trees etc. Even though my house already has a direct TV satellite from a previous owner... I did hear that they just put up a new satellite?

How is Uverse? I saw the other thread, but didn't see any specific info on HD quality, channels, etc.

I would really appreciate some technical input from those who are more informed than me. Really appreciate it!

Back