• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is There a Company Worse than Time Warner Cable for Customer Service....

Attempt #7

Again with the local number, rerouted to a centralized automated system.

I wait on hold for about 4 minutes.

I'm connected with Kristen.

She berates me for about 5 minutes for wanting to cancel cable service. "How you gonna catch up on yo shows?" "You already gettin' tha lowest rate." "What you mean you don't want TV no moh?"

I maintain. I would be wasting time explaining to her that cable is basically obsolete at this point. It's cool. Whatever. I love my netflix and that bitch can't take that from me.

I wondered to myself when I left TWC why in the hell they put people who are ill equipped in the retention department.

I called to just have my cable cancelled. I shit you not, by the time I got off the phone with her I had cancelled everything - internet, phone, the whole shabang. She just kept digging the hole deeper.

I did the same thing. I told them when I cancelled cable that I would possibly be willing to keep internet, and they actually ended up convincing me to cancel that, too when I actually wanted to keep it. It's pretty uncanny. Then, like four days later someone who sounded like they had a shred of intelligence called me back trying to get me to come back (by then I had already had DirecTV and AT&T internet installed). She sounded so defeated by her job.

We called TWC multiple times trying to get our cable bill reduced. No luck. Asked for retention dept - "this is the retention dept." Called one last time saying I was taking the new customer bundle with DirectTV - nothing. The day DirectTV and local internet is installed we call back to cancel TWC and ask where should we return their equipment. NOW they want to negotiate. They call back several times to do so. It is so funny and sad. Too late, TWC. The picture is better with DirectTV and they're giving me NFL Red Zone for free for a year.

We called TWC multiple times trying to get our cable bill reduced. No luck. Asked for retention dept - "this is the retention dept." Called one last time saying I was taking the new customer bundle with DirectTV - nothing. The day DirectTV and local internet is installed we call back to cancel TWC and ask where should we return their equipment. NOW they want to negotiate. They call back several times to do so. It is so funny and sad. Too late, TWC. The picture is better with DirectTV and they're giving me NFL Red Zone for free for a year.

I'm waiting on the day to ditch them for internet. Unfortunately there is only one other company that serves us and it is AT&T. I honestly think AT&Ts service is worse than time warner.

my favorite is how on time warner cable every other commercial is for this "welcome back special" where you get $200 and all shit loads of perks for coming back to them

but for the loyal 10+ year customer they just jack your rate up. dammit fios where are you?

I'm guessing that the Infernal Revenue Service does not qualify.

Kind of like when Playboy was ranking best party schools, but included the proviso that "if your school is not listed, it is because they did not include professionals."

The IRS obviously takes it to the next level of poor customer service.

I want so bad to give money to anyone other than Time Warner

Customer service has been fine so far, but just had to switch to TWC for my new place. The box's interface is unbelievably outdated. Also, feel like I'll really miss uverse's ability to record ~6 shows at once come fall.

Back