• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is There a Company Worse than Time Warner Cable for Customer Service....

The answer is

SXM_Main_TwitterIcon_500x500_040711.png

I had the unpleasant task of dealing with United Airlines customer service tonight. I now want to punch a baby koala.

I had the unpleasant task of dealing with United Airlines customer service tonight. I now want to punch a baby koala.

So I should probably go with American Airlines for digital TV? They probably will be more suited to fix it than TWC dick heads.

I had the pleasure of dealing with one dumbfuck at United last month. My flight was delayed which meant I was going to miss my connecting flight. She told me that she was going to charge me a fee for changing flights. I finally was able to change flights without charge after having to explain to her for 10 minutes how a delayed flight causing me to miss my next flight isn't my fault.

I have TWC too. Half of the buttons of my DVR remote do not work and I have to consistenly reset my cable modem weekly. I try to avoid their CS like the plague so I just deal with these issues.

I'm not disagreeing just bc it's RJ believe it or not, but best buy has probably provided the best customer service to me, of any of the major national companies that I utilize. I'm sure others can definitely experience shitty customer service from them, but I find it incredibly easy to have them fix almost any issue I've had with a product, as long as I do it within the period allowed by warranty or even the 30 days after purchase without warranty. I recently had a new TV that had a manufacturer defect where the cable slots were messed up, I called them after 10pm one night, they sent out a geek squad guy the next day to fix it for free, and if I wasn't 100 percent happy with it, or even just felt like I wanted a new one, they would have overnighter and delivered a brand new one no questions asked.

I saw the founder of Best Buy speak a few weeks ago and based on his speech I think he would be pretty horrified that his company was listed along with TWC.

Comcast also sucks.

I saw the founder of Best Buy speak a few weeks ago and based on his speech I think he would be pretty horrified that his company was listed along with TWC.

Comcast also sucks.

I would go without cable before ever signing up with Comcast again. They made my summer of 2005 a living hell with the number of cable & internet outages in my area.

I had the pleasure of dealing with one dumbfuck at United last month. My flight was delayed which meant I was going to miss my connecting flight. She told me that she was going to charge me a fee for changing flights. I finally was able to change flights without charge after having to explain to her for 10 minutes how a delayed flight causing me to miss my next flight isn't my fault.

I have TWC too. Half of the buttons of my DVR remote do not work and I have to consistenly reset my cable modem weekly. I try to avoid their CS like the plague so I just deal with these issues.

They gave us a flight voucher for getting bumped on an overbooked flight. I tried to book travel using the voucher, and literally every flight is blacked out. So I have a useless voucher, and the good folks in India can't figure out what my problem is.

They gave us a flight voucher for getting bumped on an overbooked flight. I tried to book travel using the voucher, and literally every flight is blacked out. So I have a useless voucher, and the good folks in India can't figure out what my problem is.

Vouchers shouldn't have any blackout dates. Are you trying to book flights that go against the T&Cs?

I still can't figure out why people still use cable when DirecTV exists.

Vouchers shouldn't have any blackout dates. Are you trying to book flights that go against the T&Cs?

Has something to do with who operates the flights out of RDU. The explanation was bizarre, and I can't find anything in the T&C about it. My wife even drove to the airport today to try and resolve this with no luck. Never again, United. Never again.

I nominate Norton Internet Security for the worst. Last year they charged me twice for the same security renewal. Just yesterday they wouldn't renew because they claimed my computer had been infected with the Trojan virus and "only they" had the remedy for it, to the tune of $500. No thanks. My computer checked out totally clean by my local geeks, who sold me Kasperky instead. Run from Norton!

I nominate Norton Internet Security for the worst. Last year they charged me twice for the same security renewal. Just yesterday they wouldn't renew because they claimed my computer had been infected with the Trojan virus and "only they" had the remedy for it, to the tune of $500. No thanks. My computer checked out totally clean by my local geeks, who sold me Kasperky instead. Run from Norton!

Ugh, run from paying for antivirus stuff, period.

sometimes DirecTV is not an option

I have direct TV coming out again Saturday. Praying that the new satellite they just put up (I think they have 17 now) gives me a line of sight. Only 1/3 or so of my skyline has large old trees. If it works, I can't fucking wait to call TWC and cancel. If it doesn't, does anyone have any input at all on Uverse? I can't find any detailed reviews online about quality, pros, cons, etc. Please!

I am mentally preparing myself for TWC fee negotiations and logistics call related to my move. I did just get quoted a price when I called to set up Duke Power that I can use as leverage.

When I got cox internet for my place they were trying to upsell me and telling me they could hook up cable while they were at it. I told the guy I didn't have a tv. It seemed like he wanted to throw me a charity fundraiser or something. If you tell someone you don't own a tv they think you are crazy, not poor.

Back