• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is there any NSA news that would surprise you at this point?

Bosbstack is an extremist idiot. He can't read the English language. He is absolutely no different on this issue than the pastor who shows up at funerals saying "God hates fs".

Bosbstack is an extremist idiot. He can't read the English language. He is absolutely no different on this issue than the pastor who shows up at funerals saying "God hates fs".

You'd be flipping out if this shit was happening under Bush you gigantic hypocrite.

The laws have to be changed, but that is how the data about phone calls works. They are doing exactly the same thing the phone companies are doing.

So their billion-dollar computers can create these massive trace trees showing what numbers called what other numbers and how many times and for how long, but they can't/don't link in with the fucking $1.99 paid version of whitepages.com and pull up who owns it? Seriously?

You'd be flipping out if this shit was happening under Bush you gigantic hypocrite.

I've had the same position under each Administration. The laws need to be brought up top date. Those who abuse the laws need to go to jail.

We knew all about the phone companies giving the government this data under W and you didn't say anything. If there is a hypocrite here it's you.

So their billion-dollar computers can create these massive trace trees showing what numbers called what other numbers and how many times and for how long, but they can't/don't link in with the fucking $1.99 paid version of whitepages.com and pull up who owns it? Seriously?

Phone companies have been doing this for decades. Internet companies have been doing it for fifteen years or more. They are far more dangerous than the government as they sell your intel to anyone who has a buck.

This should be outlawed immediately.

Phone companies have been doing this for decades. Internet companies have been doing it for fifteen years or more. They are far more dangerous than the government as they sell your intel to anyone who has a buck. .

Nice attempt to change the argument. The phone companies OWN the data. There's no Constitutional amendment that prevents them from collecting it for their own purposes. What the phone company does and can do has jack shit to do with what the government does or can do. Forgive me, but I'm much less worried about a telemarketer using the data to attempt to sell my something than I am about the government using the data to attempt to criminalize/track/control me.

I've had the same position under each Administration. The laws need to be brought up top date. Those who abuse the laws need to go to jail.

We knew all about the phone companies giving the government this data under W and you didn't say anything. If there is a hypocrite here it's you.

From what I know about BSF, I doubt this is true.

Here are a few links that showed it. There are thousands more:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-05-10-nsa_x.htm

From the Guardian:
"Under the Bush administration, officials in security agencies had disclosed to reporters the large-scale collection of call records data by the NSA, but this is the first time significant and top-secret documents have revealed the continuation of the practice on a massive scale under President Obama.

The unlimited nature of the records being handed over to the NSA is extremely unusual. Fisa court orders typically direct the production of records pertaining to a specific named target who is suspected of being an agent of a terrorist group or foreign state, or a finite set of individually named targets."

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/16/politics/16program.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

A huge difference is W did the same and more without following the law and getting warrants.

I'll put the rest in caps..maybe people will read it.

THIS COLLECTION IS NOT NEW. AT LEAST NOW THEY USING WARRANTS.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN WE DON'T NEED NEW LAWS AND MORE OVERSIGHT.

ACTING LIKE THIS IS NEW OR ABOUT OBAMA IS LUDICROUS.

IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

The old boss violated the laws, the new boss had a choice to continue to violate the laws or change everything because he was new. He choose to remain the exact same, hey look then it was HIS CHOICE. So it is about HIM.

I was referring to you calling BSF a hypocrite. I'd be shocked if he wasn't up in arms over warantless wiretaps and any other data collection on citizens.

He was nothing like he is today. If he said anything it was very muted.

Show me and I'll admit I'm wrong.

It doesn't need to be this mean-spirited. It's 100% your decision to take it to this level.

Kick the can? He's called me everything but a child of God over the past month. The level of this is on him.

If you actually read what I post, we aren't that far apart. We probably have 80-90% agreement.

Keep it up freedom lovers and Obama is going to have to facilitate another terrorist attack to make this a non-issue again.

RJ, you are what you are. This isn't necessarily about your opinions, it's how you approach debate. That's always been the No. 1 reason why antagonism follows you everywhere you go.

Why people haven't gotten all their jollies out of that fact over the years is beyond me.

Kick the can? He's called me everything but a child of God over the past month. The level of this is on him.

If you actually read what I post, we aren't that far apart. We probably have 80-90% agreement.

just fucking do what everyone else on the boards does and ignore it

Back