• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Ty Walker Enrolled at Wake This Fall?

Logo.png

to be honest, i am glad he is back...if he is. i am not overly excited about his potential this season but i hope he gets his shit together and at least graduate from WFU. how knows, maybe he can contribute this season!

WE, that just means you can say "fuck," have hot chick threads, and make stuff up out of the blue about coaches and administrators you don't like. Nothing to do with the dissemination of actual info. Come on, you know better than that.

There are those who do know and they are surprised.

Judging from MACdeac's post -- "Buzz already flip flopping on his culture change.. what a joke. Kick him out now. He's an embarrassment and needs go." -- I have to assume that he knows exactly what happened with Ty. So, MACdeac, feel free to tell us. Thanks in advance.

WE, that just means you can say "fuck," have hot chick threads, and make stuff up out of the blue about coaches and administrators you don't like. Nothing to do with the dissemination of actual info. Come on, you know better than that.

ha ! we will let insiders - or anyone else for tha tmatter - speak thier minds but we cant force them to give out information. you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink! so far i think most of hte controversial information handed out has been more accurate than not.

i for one am cheered by this news. i wish all the best to mr. walker and hope the young man has a successful year at wake forest both as a student and an athlete!

Fair enough. I guess I just thought it would be a better situation here because, you know, it was a main reason for wanting a new board in the first place.

Back to Ty... meh, whatever. We can't do anything with his scholarship anyway. And I don't know about the idea of his attitude poisoning those of his teammates - they've got to know he's FOS by now, don't they?

Guys, I was supposed to be suspended for a semester at Wake back in the day; we appealed and I was only on probabtion (it was over something stupid 2 friends and I did). I guarantee you that if I did not go to that semester, I would not have bothered to graduate. I am biased here, let's hope for the best.

ha ! we will let insiders - or anyone else for tha tmatter - speak thier minds but we cant force them to give out information. you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink! so far i think most of hte controversial information handed out has been more accurate than not.

I thought I was signing up for direct access to Coach [Redacted]'s inbox.

Fuck this :mad:

There is not one positive Wake Forest basketball can gain from having Ty Walker play on the team this season.

5 fouls/game. Someone for Carson to practice against. Someone over 6'7 besides Carson and a skinny, untested freshman. Possibility he may have improved even a tiny bit and offer something besides blocked shots. I'll take any of those. Provided school and coach feels he is worthy of playing this year. I'll never know the exact details of the incident and neither will 99% of people posting here; so will just have to rely on school and coach to determine if he plays.

Guys, I was supposed to be suspended for a semester at Wake back in the day; we appealed and I was only on probabtion (it was over something stupid 2 friends and I did). I guarantee you that if I did not go to that semester, I would not have bothered to graduate. I am biased here, let's hope for the best.

Agreed.

Hope that Ty puts it together, is a reasonable contributor this year, and graduates on time.

I thought most people alluded to the fact that he similarly stole items but had a lesser role than Tabb/stole less expensive stuff. I don't know exact details though and I doubt there are too many people that do.

I would doubt this is correct. Stealing is stealing. If you still a $10,000 watch it is the same thing legally as stealing a $15 watch. I would think the school would think the same thing.

What seems apparent is that Ty was the follower here, or knew of the theft and didn't report Tabb or was somehowperipherally involved (lookout, driver, etc...), but not the thief. This assuming the crime committed was theft. If he stole lesser valued goods, he'd be gone with Tabb.

Culture change baby. Culture change.

Two words; Randolph Childress

I can think of no other person on campus this year that could greatly benefit from Childress' presence. For one, Ty is likely to be playing overseas this time next year, assuming he stays at Wake and doesn't have to transfer.

5 fouls/game. Someone for Carson to practice against. Someone over 6'7 besides Carson and a skinny, untested freshman. Possibility he may have improved even a tiny bit and offer something besides blocked shots. I'll take any of those.

So would I. But 5 and-ones, ineffective practice for Carson and the new guys, and a frequently sour attitude I think would do more harm than good. I hope that's not the case, but you have to admit it's what his history would predict.

I would doubt this is correct. Stealing is stealing. If you still a $10,000 watch it is the same thing legally as stealing a $15 watch. I would think the school would think the same thing.

What seems apparent is that Ty was the follower here, or knew of the theft and didn't report Tabb or was somehowperipherally involved (lookout, driver, etc...), but not the thief. This assuming the crime committed was theft. If he stole lesser valued goods, he'd be gone with Tabb.

I agree with your sentiment, but technically stealing a $10,000 watch would be a felony, and stealing a $15 watch would be a misdemeanor, so they are not legally the same thing.

If he's there and on the team he has my support. Kids make mistakes, coaches make decisions based on the facts. Fuck that holier than thou bullshit, let's just try to win some games.

I would rather our young guys that have a chance to be on an average ACC team (hopefully at some point) get maximum ACC experience instead of wasting minutes on a season that doesn't matter for a senior that has had plenty of chances.

I think that would be better for WFU basketball.

I don't really want Ty back, but I don't see this as really hindering the progress of young players. He played 18 minutes a game as backup C last year. If he does that this year I'm fine with it because I don't think Daniel is going to learn anything getting demolished at the 5... or better yet I don't think anyone wants to see Nikita at the 5.

Back