• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ish, now a Sixer, leads the way!

Watched some of the game last night. Couple of thoughts. First, Stauskas sucks, like really sucks. I thought he would pick up his game playing with no pressure in Philly, but he's terrible. And Ish had a lob to Noel midway through the 4th that was just sick. If Ish doesn't need to be taking 20 shots but he could average 15 and 10 with this team.

God Nerlens jumped high on that last one.

So is it safe to say that the Sixers might have made a mistake getting rid of Ish after he interjected some life into the franchise at the end of last year?

After a 1-29 start, he comes in and is a huge factor on going 2-1 on a west coast road trip.

Could not happen to a nice guy and better representative of MSD

So is it safe to say that the Sixers might have made a mistake getting rid of Ish after he interjected some life into the franchise at the end of last year?

After a 1-29 start, he comes in and is a huge factor on going 2-1 on a west coast road trip.

At this rate they could wind up 36-46.

Old regime was built on policy of tanking. New regime has common sense.

Going to be crazy next season if they have Noel, Embiid, Okafor, and Simmons and they're still tanking.

if they're going to draft simmons, i guarantee you okafor is traded before that

Even with their league-worst record, what are the odds the Sixers still get the #1 pick?

this is the most updated i could find:

2016: Four 1st-round picks, one 2nd-round pick
Own 1st-round pick
Los Angeles Lakers 1st-round pick (top-3 protected)
Miami Heat 1st-round pick (top-10 protected)
Oklahoma City Thunder 1st-round pick (lottery-protected)

2017: One 1st-round pick, one 2nd-round pick
Own 1st-round pick
Own 2nd-round pick

2018: One 1st-round pick, three 2nd-round picks
Own 1st-round pick
Brooklyn Nets or Cleveland Cavaliers 2nd-round pick (the 76ers will receive the better of the two)
Los Angeles Clippers or New York Knicks 2nd-round pick (the 76ers will receive the better of the two)

2019: One 1st-round pick, three 2nd-round picks
Own 1st-round pick
Own 2nd-round pick
New York Knicks 2nd-round pick
Milwaukee Bucks or Sacramento Kings 2nd-round pick (the 76ers will receive the better of the two)

2020: One 1st-round pick, three 2nd-round picks
Own 1st-round pick
Own 2nd-round pick
Brooklyn Nets 2nd-round draft pick
New York Knicks 2nd-round draft pick

2021: One 1st-round pick, two 2nd-round picks
Own 1st-round pick
Own 2nd-round pick
New York Knicks 2nd-round draft pick

So in 2016 the Sixers have a pretty good chance of having a Top 3 pick and the #4 and at worst get the #4 and #5?

I can see why they didn't mind giving up two 2nd rounders to get Ish back.
Though San Antonio has gotten solid mileage out of stashing low risk international players. All it takes is above average scouting and you can definitely optimize those assets. If the Saric pick turns out well (and the kid is really good), then maybe they keep some of those #assets.

The Sixers hold a pick swap from the Kings so their lottery balls help, though not significantly but you never know. Simmons is concerning me. Can't shoot, average wingspan, poor post defender, and is really reliant on transition play to be an impactful player. No chance he can play with Okafor.

I'm thinking some cray shit goes down before February.

If I'm the Sixers (and I hold onto the pick/team stays more or less constant), then I target Bender or Dunn. Bender is somewhat similar to Porzingis in terms of potential, but nowhere near the same level (right now - their numbers and skill sets at 18 are comparable and Maccabi is a step or two below Sevilla competition-wise). He could also play with both bigs and is a solid stash candidate. Dunn is the best PG in the draft and, ffs, the Sixers need a long term solution at point guard so badly.

Last edited:
If I'm the Sixers (and I hold onto the pick/team stays more or less constant), then I target Bender or Dunn. Bender is somewhat similar to Porzingis in terms of potential, but nowhere near the same level (right now - their numbers and skill sets at 18 are comparable and Maccabi is a step or two below Sevilla competition-wise). He could also play with both bigs and is a solid stash candidate. Dunn is the best PG in the draft and, ffs, the Sixers need a long term solution at point guard so badly.

Not to split hairs, but isn't Maccabi one of the more storied European teams and a perennial Euroleague competitor? I understand Porzingis' team played in the competitive domestic Spanish league but I seem to recall reading that they were a terrible team.

Back