• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It is flat out a lack of talent

Are you confusing Travis for Devin?

I think Codi would've come even farther and would be much closer to being a star if he had a really good head coach.

I respectfully disagree. There is mid major talent on this team. Expect us to finish with 7 acc wins.

Ahh....right my bad. I was thinking Devin. I always confuse those names. Sorry.

Yes, of course. Expecting someone to remember the names of our 3 decent players is just too much. Now why don't you lecture us about something.

I respectfully disagree. There is mid major talent on this team. Expect us to finish with 7 acc wins.

I think we'll finish with 7 or fewer wins as well. But I think it's mainly because of the coaching.

Just gotta disagree about our player's raw talent. I think there's a lot there for a good coach to work with.

I think we'll finish with 7 or fewer wins as well. But I think it's mainly because of the coaching.

Just gotta disagree about our player's raw talent. I think there's a lot there for a good coach to work with.

Fair enough. Either way it's on buzz

I think there's some, but we lack inside defensive presence and shooting so....I don't know. A coach can take a team of shooters and maybe get them to play this inside layup game Bz is pushing to make them all around better. I"m not sure how well it can go the other way.

The one area of improvement will be rebounding. Thad Boyle turned that around at Colorado overnight.

We have ONE guy who can throw the ball in the ocean from outside and his size is an issue getting his shot off in ACC play. This is nowhere near an upper-tier ACC team.

Now, to your point of coaching. I completely agree. He's the reason we're in this mess with some very average talent.

I think Codi would've come even farther and would be much closer to being a star if he had a really good head coach.

CMM needs to learn how to shoot layups before he can be considered a rising star. Good god how many driving bunnies did he miss today? I lost count. And don't get me started on his 3pt shooting...

Doesn't really matter one way or the other. Either he sucks at Xs and Os or he sucks at recruiting. Either way, he sucks.

Yes, of course. Expecting someone to remember the names of our 3 decent players is just too much. Now why don't you lecture us about something.

KNOW YOUR PROGRAM!!

I would agree with this, but I also think that Travis could've become something close to a star if he had had decent coaching during his career, and Codi would be on his way to being a star.

Codi can't shoot .

I think there's some, but we lack inside defensive presence and shooting so....I don't know. A coach can take a team of shooters and maybe get them to play this inside layup game Bz is pushing to make them all around better. I"m not sure how well it can go the other way.

The one area of improvement will be rebounding. Thad Boyle turned that around at Colorado overnight.
Not enough size to rebound

How many Wake players have been on the level of Devin and CMM and become stars by their senior year?

Devin is a sophomore...as is CMM. They still have a lot of time to become great players for Wake. They've come a long way already IMO.

Has Travis improved since his freshman year? Some guys improve and some get worse . What you see now is what you will get the next 2 years from the sophomore class. Not enough size , muscle, athleticism, and shooting. A bunch of 3 star players. Devin might be a 4 .

How many Wake players have been on the level of Devin and CMM and become stars by their senior year?
Good question. What does "star" mean? JoHo is probably in that boat regardless.

So let me see if I get this straight: the Wake team that has the least amount of talent per recruiting rankings in the past 20 years also is one of the least talented teams in the past 20 years? Color me shocked.

The bullshit slung by the old white people on this board and others about 4 year players and the problem with recruiting rankings is just that- bullshit. As I have said time and time again, in college basketball, you win with killers. You need to have 2-4 of the most talented players on the court to win consistently. And we rarely (excluding our pre-season tour of the bottom 100 schools in college baskteball), if ever have 2-4 of the most talented players on the court.

Back