• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It's gonna be hung! CP3's jersey finally getting retired March 2

love CP, but what did he accomplish at wake that makes him one of our all timers?

If he is still here, hopefully Bzz will be standing beneath it on 3/2/15 when it falls from the ceiling.

And how sweet would it be if CP3 pulled something out of WWE by running onto the court, nupunching Bzz, and flexing for the crowd?

This reminds me how wrong it is that our best football players, the 2 ACC championship teams and our bowl appearances are not recognized somewhere within BB&T Field.

Hang Bzzz from the rafters.

Love CP, but I think J-Gray is more deserving.

The way things have been going with RW's awful decision-making and Bzzz's awful coaching, CP3 may be our last player to be honored, so hang it.

Seriously, he's a great ambassador of Wake and a tremendous asset to the community. He deserves it. Plus, watching him for two seasons was pure joy. How I miss that.

I'm probably in the minority, but I dont put much stock into ACC ROY as the other awards you mentioned. We've only had three in our history, Rodney, O'Kelley, and CP3. It appears the vast majority of our retirees were all americans, and that is the barometer for inclusion, but there are a few exceptions.

Granted the list below is a cumulative list of All America honors, but do you think we'll eventually see Jackie Murdock, Frank Johnson, Jeff Teague and AFA have their jersey's retired?

All-Americans

Year
Player(s)
Dickie Hemric
Dickie Hemric
Jackie Murdock
Len Chappell
Len Chappell
Charlie Davis
Skip Brown, Rod Griffin
Rod Griffin
Frank Johnson
Rodney Rogers
Randolph Childress, Tim Duncan
Tim Duncan
Tim Duncan
Josh Howard
Chris Paul
Jeff Teague
Al-Farouq Aminu

Where is this list from? I am not sure it is accurate unless you are counting 3rd teams, random magazines, etc.

Ugh. It would be nice if having a diploma was a requirement for being honored in this way. Especially since Paul has done nothing to refute the common sentiment that he did everything by himself in his two years and had no help from the rest of the roster.

Back