• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It's gonna be hung! CP3's jersey finally getting retired March 2

Ugh. It would be nice if having a diploma was a requirement for being honored in this way. Especially since Paul has done nothing to refute the common sentiment that he did everything by himself in his two years and had no help from the rest of the roster.

ConfusedSweetBabyBoy.jpg

It should be hung Glad we are doing this. Diploma or not, he was an all-American and has been a great ambassador for the university. Everyone has their own reasons for retiring a jersey of course, but sometimes it just makes sense to retire someone's jersey. No player is going to wear #3 anyway, just make it official.

Now, as others said, let's do something for the great football teams and players we have had. The scoreboard is big enough, put some numbers, bowl games, etc. up there.

Considering our track record in the NCAA's, the Sweet 16 didn't hurt....

Ugh. It would be nice if having a diploma was a requirement for being honored in this way. Especially since Paul has done nothing to refute the common sentiment that he did everything by himself in his two years and had no help from the rest of the roster.

I hate this PoV. So much.

I never stood people adamant against this. He was one of the best players we've ever had when he was here. He is one of the best players in the world now. He reps Wake all the time. He didn't stay 4 and his team didn't accomplish postseason goals? That's the story of Wake, not CP.

It's about the right time. I find it a little creepy retiring a 21-25 year old's jersey no matter how good he was.

So this is your criteria for being creepy as it relates to our basketball players?

You slay me, rj.

i'll take the bait. he says get behind the team and coaches. no bzz specific stuff since he knows the assistants. go wake ra ra great time. probably even take a little time to talk about skip.

some of the tags are really terrible.

This. And most of us in attendance will clap or say Go Deacs. By March 2, it will be apparent if Buzz will be back or not. So yelling Fire Buzz isn't going to change anyone's mind. If RW doesn't know the fans are disgrunteld at this point, he won't get it suddenly by March 2.

Congrats to a very deserving and wonderful player. As good as Chris is on the court, he is even better off the court. It's a pleasure to have known him when we both used to live in the Winston area. That was a very fun period of time to be a Wake fan, I'm glad that I was there to experience it.

Hodge's bitch tag?

tintin?

Hodge himself actually may have made the tag. What a strange person.

Great news! Can we hang bzzzz's ass right beside it. No, F that. Let's just hang bzzzz's ass somewhere outside.

Shelton's first assist as a Deac.

Best news outta Wake basketball in a long damn time. Well deserved to!

Add in a cynical dash of it appearing like a desperate ploy to bring our fans out for a home game so the Athletic Department can point to the great end of season atmosphere in defending keeping shithead around for another year.

We should cut the ceremony off halfway through.

This is correct. Bzdelick and Wellman should not be allowed to attend.

Back