• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It's gonna be hung! CP3's jersey finally getting retired March 2

I loved him when he was here, but he broke our hearts. Also, won't he be the first non-graduate to hang in the rafters? That concerns me more than the fact that he left early.

Why should graduation be a requirement to be honored? Are people upset we gave Arnie an honorary degree when he never graduated?

He is easily one of our best players ever. This shouldnt even be a discussion.

In my dreams, Chris gets the mic and announces that Buzz has been fired! It would be a perfect day.

I'm not into retiring numbers. I think we should hang jerseys of all the great players we've had. I don't think AFA's jersey should be "retired" but hanging jerseys or putting up banners with well-known players, especially recent ones, would be pretty cool and draw attention to our pre-Buzz years.

You can go root for UNC if you want

I loved him when he was here, but he broke our hearts. Also, won't he be the first non-graduate to hang in the rafters? That concerns me more than the fact that he left early.
How did CP3 break our hearts? He didn't lose to WVU, the team did. He made the right decision to leave early.

I just hate that Bz is going to be in all of the pictures. Bz and Wellman cooked this up for sure. How much more awesome would those pictures be with a Shaka or Stevens in the picture with CP3?

This is a shame....I wish CP3 would have turned it down until [Redacted] is gone. No way his honor should be tied to that loser.

Obvious ploy to get people to come out since Bzz will be on one of his patented 10+ game losing streaks to end the season.

The "break our hearts" thing is really silly. I'm so glad people never pulled that shit with Rodney. And if anything, Rodney staying portended much greater things for Wake than Paul. We possibly could have had Duncan, Childress, and Rogers on the same 93-94 team. *Possibly.*

Last edited:
can't wait for the old grumpy guys to jump on this

I haven't read the rest of the thread. I'm an old grumpy guy who didn't want it hung right away because I did think he had a bit of an unfulfilled and shortened career at Wake. I therefore thought that it was appropriate that we didn't hang it right away that next season after he left. But yes, now it's overdue. Should have hung it 2-3 years ago.

No ACC Title
No Elite Eight
No Final Four
No Degree

Without one of these why hang a jersey for a guy who only gave us two years?

I mean CP3 very well could end up a top 5 NBA player from an ACC school of all time. Obviously Jordan is one and Timmy is two but I could see CP3 being top 5 when it's all said and done. He's one of the best players on earth right now and was first team all-american. That's obviously enough to be retired at Wake.

No ACC Title
No Elite Eight
No Final Four
No Degree

Without one of these why hang a jersey for a guy who only gave us two years?

If he had graduated, would it be ok? Charlie Davis never had a Final Four, Elite 8, or ACC Title.

Back