• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It's Greek to Him: Another Dino(s) Gone After 3 Seasons, Signs With Panathinaikos

It really doesn't matter at this point, we just need to land either Whitman or Thompson or it will be a tough year barring some unexpected play from Mitchell and/or Eggleston.

It really doesn't matter at this point, we just need to land either Whitman or Thompson or it will be a tough year barring some unexpected play from Mitchell and/or Eggleston.

Not this year, but in 18-19, I would not be shocked to see Sarr develop into a PF. He's not ready yet, but I think it could happen. I think it's too much to ask this year but give him some reps.

Once again you show your ignorance. My "stance" was Bz made a mistake but Rondale and his family did the right thing. This was clearly shown in the second thread.

You should listen to Lincoln (or as some think- Mark Twain) - "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

Ruling?

The loss of Dinos is one of those "you never know what you had until it's gone" situations.

Dinos' entire career has been nothing but fans complaining about how slow he is and how he can't guard and that he's an ineffective scorer, etc., etc.,.

Looks like the jokes on us because we'd most likely be staring down a 20+ win season and another NCAAT appearance with him. Without him, our chances look bleak. Agree with doofus that we'll need one of our lanky young guys to be able to step in and make a LEAP. Crazier things have happened.

What gives me hope is that we all know Danny is a unique substitution and minute distribution coach. It wouldn't be completely shocking if D. Mitchell steps in as the next man up. He was a somewhat highly regarded recruit when comparing him to the rest of the 2016 class.

i really can't see how we play if we don't at least get some rando to sop up the majority of PF minutes, but given my druthers i'd rather have Chaundee's extra 20 lbs in those spots than Melo's extra 2 inches.

Like CMM was 6-4 but strong and DM put him on Ben Simmons against LSU and it worked out pretty well. I think he had a good stat line but he didn't really play well.

Once again you show your ignorance. My "stance" was Bz made a mistake but Rondale and his family did the right thing. This was clearly shown in the second thread.

You should listen to Lincoln (or as some think- Mark Twain) - "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

I will take complete lack of self awareness for 1000 please Alex.

Last edited:
Deacs will have to play two traditional bigs for stretches (rimshot) whether Danny likes it or not unless, a heretofore unforeseen grad transfer comes through.

Doral and SJM will spend 0 minutes at the 4... they just can't. Sarr can get away with it defensively easily but I think it will really hurt our offense when he's out there with one of the 5s.

I would rank this post in the Top 10 of your 52,707 posts.

i really can't see how we play if we don't at least get some rando to sop up the majority of PF minutes, but given my druthers i'd rather have Chaundee's extra 20 lbs in those spots than Melo's extra 2 inches.

Like CMM was 6-4 but strong and DM put him on Ben Simmons against LSU and it worked out pretty well. I think he had a good stat line but he didn't really play well.

There's nothing I like better than rando sop.

The loss of Dinos is one of those "you never know what you had until it's gone" situations.

Dinos' entire career has been nothing but fans complaining about how slow he is and how he can't guard and that he's an ineffective scorer, etc., etc.,.

Looks like the jokes on us because we'd most likely be staring down a 20+ win season and another NCAAT appearance with him. Without him, our chances look bleak. Agree with doofus that we'll need one of our lanky young guys to be able to step in and make a LEAP. Crazier things have happened.

What gives me hope is that we all know Danny is a unique substitution and minute distribution coach. It wouldn't be completely shocking if D. Mitchell steps in as the next man up. He was a somewhat highly regarded recruit when comparing him to the rest of the 2016 class.

Wait, what? Wasn't he a 2 star on most sites? Former volleyball player about whom most people didn't know anything?

Dinos Mitoglou Forgoes WF Senior Season, Signs with Greek Pro Team

Wait, what? Wasn't he a 2 star on most sites? Former volleyball player about whom most people didn't know anything?

3-star at the bottom of Rivals's top-150, iirc.

ETA: ESPN ranked him at 2-stars, but their coverage has been garbage for the last few years.

Last edited:
At this point I think we will enter the season planning on having 3 of Crawford/Chill/Woods/Wilbekin/Chaundee on the floor at all times, have Moore/SJM split minutes at C (unless Sarr is clearly better), and then basically use the non-conference as an open tryout for the 4.

I think the staff will be looking for the best offensive and best defensive option to round out the roster among the following players: Washington/Mitchell/Sarr/Eggleston/Sunday/Postgrad

Our best hope is probably for Sarr to be further along than we think. It sounds like he is quick enough to defend players on the wing and is an adept interior passer. If those skills can immediately transfer to ACC level of play then he can likely play alongside Moore/SJM.

Our second best hope is that a year of Ryan Horn has gotten Washington and Mitchell physically ready to handle most college 4s and that one of them can hit an open jump shot.

53k posts = silence?

Apparently the quote isn't from Lincoln either...likely some rando named Maurice Switzer in a book titled “Mrs. Goose, Her Book”.

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2010/05/17/remain-silent/

Welcome to the Matrix...you'll be treated well.

Big-Cup-of-Shut-The-Fuck-Up_o_94445.jpg

Back